• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: The Swansea City v Manchester City FA Cup 5th Round Match Thread

Which team will progress in the FA Cup on Wednesday?

• Swansea

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Manchester City

Votes: 26 68.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
Swansea City v Manchester City
The Emirates FA Cup 5th Round
The Liberty Stadium, Swansea

Wednesday 10th February 2021 5.30pm Kick Off

View attachment FA Cup Logo.png

The Swans break again from league action in midweek as they welcome Premier League leaders Manchester City to the Liberty for a 5th Round FA Cup tie knowing that a win will see us progress to the quarter final stage for the 3rd time in 4 seasons.

Of course the last of those quarter finals was a controversial affair against Wednesday's opponents and there will definitely be a feeling of injustice for the Swans over a game which we led 2-0 before succumbing to some very strange, and definitely very unfair, refereeing decisions.

Both sides will go into the game knowing that there must be a winner on the night with extra time and penalties both available should it be needed in a game which will be broadcast live on BT Sport (please note the early kick off time of 5.30pm for the midweek fixture)

As ever on Planet Swans we will be building up to matchday with our usual pre-match features, highlights, previous meetings and also some Swans FA Cup moments of the past. Add to that we will have all the latest news and views from both camps ahead of the game

View attachment Bt Sport Logo.png

LAST TIME AT THE LIBERTY
Swansea City 2 Manchester City 3
The Emirates FA Cup Quarter Final
16 March 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njuZJPwu7n0

LAST TIME AT THE ETHIAD
Manchester City 5 Swansea City 0
The FA Premier League
22 April 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1rZkLntaoE

My team would be:

Woodman
Roberts
Cabango
Guehi
Latibeaudiere
Manning
Grimes
Smith
Hourihane
Lowe
Morris

MEET THE REF

View attachment Peter Bankes 1.jpg

Wednesday's referee is Peter Bankes

Peter Bankes will take charge of the Swans for the second time this season when Manchester City visit the Liberty for the FA Cup tie on Wednesday evening. Bankes was the man in the middle when Bournemouth were at the same venue at the start of December - a quiet night from the man in the middle that evening with just 3 yellow cards in a 0-0 draw.

Bankes and Swansea do have some controversy which involved a game between us and Charlton, a game the Swans won 2-1 but caused Charlton boss Lee Bowyer to question the integrity of the official.

The Charlton manager was quoted saying: “You were absolutely horrendous you tonight. I bet you are pleased. I see you looked after your mate from your academy days tonight" - comments which earned Bowyer a £4,000 fine and a three match touchline ban.

At an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing, Bowyer said he was talking to Swansea boss Steve Cooper ahead of the game, before Bankes engaged in a lengthy conversation with the Welshman.

At the end of the chat, Cooper said to Bowyer: “Don’t worry we’re not best mates, he just used to do all our academy games.”

View attachment Peter Bankes 2.jpg

Bankes only game in charge of Manchester City was their 1-1 draw at home with West Brom in December which was, at the time of writing, the last game that they failed to win - you have to look for lucky omens somewhere!

Bankes was appointed as a Select Group 1 referee ahead of the 2019/20 season.

The assistant referees for the game are Adam Nunn & Neil Davies whilst Andre Marriner is the fourth official

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9es1OcFAiQA

Have they told us who we're playing in the next round yet :lol:

We will win on penalties then Citeh will buy one our players again for £20million ... which we can loan back next year when they drop out of their squad.
It’s a great plan

Swanjaxs said:
Bow out gracefully and no injuries .

Bigger fish to fry 💪

Nah it’s only a couple more clashing games. I want to win another pot.
Let’s fry two fishes
How are you Jax mate

Jackflack said:
Swanjaxs said:
Bow out gracefully and no injuries .

Bigger fish to fry 💪

Nah it’s only a couple more clashing games. I want to win another pot.
Let’s fry two fishes
How are you Jax mate

I'm all good mate, yes fuk it, chuck two cods in batter in! 2-1 Jacks 😎

Blackpooljack said:
Christ i hope they play the stiffs we might be able to keep it to single figures

Liverpool wearing them out for us 😉

If they play like they are now v Liverpool we should play with 11 Guehi's and hope they will declare at half time

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back