• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Sam Parker

Fulham got done over massively just because he was 16, if Elliott was 17 then the fee would be much higher.
Another example of how barmy UK football is.

I just used the 5M as a figure to open up views on what the fee would be in people's opinion.
We hold a big bargaining tool given he has 2 years left on his contract and is under 24.
If Fulham got done over, I expect the same thing to happen if Parker were to leave on a free.

Can't see us getting anything near five million, should he leave. I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong, though.

Young, pace, British.
Plenty of sides would consider a punt on that kind of player, either a low fee and high sell on or vice versa is the norm.
In any case even Levien and co would find it hard to screw up such a strong negotiating position surely.

What sort of fee are we talking/thinking?

He has a decent length contract, potential with first team experience.

5M? At this sort of price or close to it, surely we would have consider it.
Perhaps we can sell Yates to Man City for 8M as well 😂👍

We got £1m plus clauses in compensation for Iwan Morgan who hadn't signed a pro deal and got nowhere near the first team.

We got £1m plus clauses in compensation for Iwan Morgan who hadn't signed a pro deal and got nowhere near the first team.
Based on that fee, maybe he should have had a chance in the first team squad.

if that's his or his agents attitude after 3 games , one of them needs to go. not what we need really is it? more troubke down the line.

if that's his or his agents attitude after 3 games , one of them needs to go. not what we need really is it? more troubke down the line.
Players know what they're worth as assets (current and future) and are fully entitled to negotiate for whatever they can get. It's only trouble if people start acting unprofessionally. Rejecting a contract offer isn't unprofessional.

Players know what they're worth as assets (current and future) and are fully entitled to negotiate for whatever they can get. It's only trouble if people start acting unprofessionally. Rejecting a contract offer isn't unprofessional.
He's 17, still a child, of course he's being groomed by an agent ffs Jasp 🙄

Nothing wrong with that btw, if he comes up smelling of roses he'll get 50+ Welsh caps and his parents will get to retire early.

Winner winner...

Cameron Congreve anyone 👍

...Cameron Congreve anyone 👍
He's disappeared off the radar recently. Was getting lots of opportunities under Martin if I recall. I personally thought he showed a lot of promise - or maybe it was just a rose-tinted overreaction to seeing someone actually running at/committing defenders that I wasn't paying attention to everything else.

Need someone to take him on loan.

He's disappeared of the radar recently. Was getting lots of opportunities under Martin if I recall. I personally thought he showed a lot of promise - or maybe it was just a rose-tinted overreaction to seeing someone actually running at/committing defenders that I wasn't paying attention to everything else.

If I remember correctly he was another one that Martin threw under the bus and then reversed over the lad.

He's disappeared off the radar recently. Was getting lots of opportunities under Martin if I recall. I personally thought he showed a lot of promise - or maybe it was just a rose-tinted overreaction to seeing someone actually running at/committing defenders that I wasn't paying attention to everything else.

He was doing very well until Russel Martin fucked things up and subbed him in the first half of an inept team display to distract from his own inadequacy. I’d love to see him get another shot.

Williams confirmed Parker turned the deal down, he’s asking for more than the club can give apparently, a handful of senior games and he’s wanting big bucks?

Mmmmm, young player has head turned, this doesn't tend to end well.

Two years still to run on his current contract, no reason either side needs to compromise at this point. If he were to make the same astonishing progress this summer as he did last he'd feel pretty silly locking in a long-term wage now. Give it another half a season and everyone will have a clearer idea of what he's actually worth.

That's probably not dramatic enough for most people though.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back