• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

S22/23 The Official Swansea v Birmingham Match Thread

What will the result be against Birmingham City?

• Swans win

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Birmingham win

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Swanjaxs said:
If you take your best player off, when winning the game comfortably, against poor opposition after an hour, and replacing him with a weak centre half in Darling (Jutkiewicz goal non challenge) then you deserve all you get, of course Chinwig will point to the fact we went down to 10 men and cling on to the moral high ground, again.

Anyway, Cardiff lost I suppose 😒

Chinwig :lol: penlan boy see. :D

Years gone by, had we lost a game 4-3 then I would have at least thought, 'ahh well what a cracking match though'

That was the least entertaining 4-3 game ive ever seen
I am numb to the team and whole experience at the moment.

JustJack said:
Years gone by, had we lost a game 4-3 then I would have at least thought, 'ahh well what a cracking match though'

Well any qualms (and I had loads) about not renewing my ST have been put to bed.

JustJack said:

I think that was the worst for me under Martin and there's been a few. I've been numb for a while but that was another level.

Shit Birmingham team. We stopped playing after half time and he goes and makes three subs in 15 to leave us with nothing after 60 odd minutes.

It's like a taxi driver leaving his car at home.

exiledclaseboy said:
Poor post that.

Yes you're right. I shouldnt have added the last sentence. The commentators had just mentioned him and I thought it quite incredible how much the club must've meant to him. But my last sentence was point scoring and it wasn't the time for it

Most frustrating I've been leaving the stadium in a long time, and we have had far too many of these last minute fuck ups this season.

This is squarly on Russell. Let him see out the season and let him go on his way.

BLAZE said:
Yes you're right. I shouldnt have added the last sentence. The commentators had just mentioned him and I thought it quite incredible how much the club must've meant to him. But my last sentence was point scoring and it wasn't the time for it

Put it down to frustration mate, we all done it 🙏

BLAZE said:

Make no mistake, we are all in various degrees of frustration and anger .
It’s why decent fans deserve better than this .

To me, neither side looked to be the winners until the last 10 minutes, and then Birmingham looked to be the most likely.

Making 3 separate substitutions in 13 minutes is just ridiculous.

Longlostjack said:
A Whittaker Piroe partnership up front would have set a more positive tone and given them something to think about. If Martin was able to sort out basic maths we‘d have been able to close them down at the back.

Whitts certainly needs someone to play off - he’s not a striker and was doing well at Plymouth in one of 2 number 10s. Which is what Martin used to favour. Piroe is going to need resting at times, but for once I was disappointed to see him go off today. Maybe it made more sense at the time? That was the best I’ve seen him play this season - put a real shift in.

Whatever, fair to say the subs didn’t work. And in hindsight his strategy of taking one off at a time with only 5 mins between each one backfired big time.

airedale said:
To me, neither side looked to be the winners until the last 10 minutes, and then Birmingham looked to be the most likely.

We lost our shape, composure and control mid-way through the second half. Not sure if that was the subs alone or we also ran out of steam. For some reason we were chasing the game leaving ourselves wide open even when 3-2 up.

Edit - just to add, B’ham started pressing after half time didn’t they. We hate that and didn’t deal with it well.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back