• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Rushworth - here again next year?

bakajack

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Quoted directly from LW in Wales Online:

Sunderland goalkeeper Anthony Patterson almost scored a dramatic stoppage-time equaliser after going up for a corner but was denied by Swansea counterpart Carl Rushworth.

Williams added: "Rushy is incredible. He'll be a top keeper. He'll be with us next season but after that I think he'll be a top Premier League goalkeeper."

This was news to me but delighted if its true.

Great news as he'd be hard to replace with equal in the summer. Has his moments but a great shot stopper and somehow seems to catch and hold onto things that most keepers at our level would be happy to parry.:D:D:D:D

Great news, but how?!
It also goes to show just how much LW rates the investment that RM made in Fisher that he is prepared to loan another keeper already next season.

Similar deal to when we had Woodman on a double loan, Margetson has contacts through his England connections, I was going to suggest bringing Woodman back should we not have Rushworth next season.

I’d imagine this has been agreed on the basis of us staying up. Great news

If this comes about, it will be great news and makes me a tad more optimistic about next season.
I'm one of the few that thinks we have enough half decent options across the back four, particularly with Key, Aberdulais and Parker back. The two wingers both look to be cracking additions, and we have Ginelly and Lowe hopefully returning fit and well too. What we need to find in the summer is a fit, agressive midfielder who looks to play forward and link up, and a striker who can hold the ball up when needed and occasionally put it in the net.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back