• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

RIP Paul Sowden (Port Talbot)

• Thread starter BLAZE
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 13
  • Views: Views 1,999

BLAZE

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
I was knocked for six yesterday when I heard of Paul's tragic passing

Many people will know Paul and his wife Mary from following the Swans home and away for many many years

I traveled up and down the country with Paul and Mary in our pre-Premier League days and if I were to say that every week was an adventure I wouldn't be exaggerating. They were some of the best times

I last bumped into Paul just a few weeks ago at West Brom away. It was my first game in a long time and I was so pleased to bump into his familiar face, alongside his good friends Colin Pye and Bill from Carlisle

Life can be tragic, sudden and cruel

Thoughts, love and best wishes to Mary and Paul's children

Rest peacefully my friend x

🤍🖤🤍

That is a shock

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230903-205624~2.png
    257.1 KB · Views: 1,671
stevethejack said:
That is a shock

Ahh I met them out in Palamos a few years back on pre season, great company and absolute Swans fanatics.
RIP YJB 🙏

Spoke to Paul many a time both home and away

RIP!

I had a phonecall just before KO from a friend asking if I was ok as they'd heard I died! They said that someone told them that "Paul" had died, to which they said who and the reply was the one from over there (I use to have my season in the North) so they said Paul Edwards and the reply was "Yeah I think so" so frantically rang me, I answered, so being bemused by this I posted a status, I'm then looking at twitter and see a post stating about Paul and it's knocked me off my feet, by now it's all becoming clear(I deleted the status post) it was Paul who had passed, absolutely devasted, couldn't watch the game.
Known Paul and Mary for over 30 odd years, use to stand with him on the NB back in the day, many away game with him as well over the years, always a pint and a chat with him at half time, spoke to Colin sat afternoon, apparently Paul fell off a roof a couple of weeks ago and had a bleed and bruising on the brain and was in the Heath, he got transferred to |Port Talbot Wed I think, Colin and Mary went to see him Fri evening, Mary rang Colin Sat morning to say his heart stopped and died at 0810
RIP to a lovely man and a proper JB

I remember Paul very well from the aay trips, a lovely kind bloke always had time for a chat and made newcomers very welcome on the away coaches.

Awful news

Epaul said:
I had a phonecall just before KO from a friend asking if I was ok as they'd heard I died! They said that someone told them that "Paul" had died, to which they said who and the reply was the one from over there (I use to have my season in the North) so they said Paul Edwards and the reply was "Yeah I think so" so frantically rang me, I answered, so being bemused by this I posted a status, I'm then looking at twitter and see a post stating about Paul and it's knocked me off my feet, by now it's all becoming clear(I deleted the status post) it was Paul who had passed, absolutely devasted, couldn't watch the game.
Known Paul and Mary for over 30 odd years, use to stand with him on the NB back in the day, many away game with him as well over the years, always a pint and a chat with him at half time, spoke to Colin sat afternoon, apparently Paul fell off a roof a couple of weeks ago and had a bleed and bruising on the brain and was in the Heath, he got transferred to |Port Talbot Wed I think, Colin and Mary went to see him Fri evening, Mary rang Colin Sat morning to say his heart stopped and died at 0810
RIP to a lovely man and a proper JB

A very tragic story. None of us knows what tomorrow brings. RIP Paul.

Still hit with shock whenever this pops into my head 😟

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back