• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Referee assistant punched

• Thread starter 3swan
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 21
  • Views: Views 1,018
This is completely unacceptable behaviour and I hope that bloke is jailed.

Imo, you can blame VAR for things like this happening.

It was pitched as something that would help referees. But in fact, all it's done is increase anger and mistrust of them. Howard Webb seems to be apologising every week. Clubs like Forest don't help either, with talk of corruption, conspiracy and threatening court action. You never had stuff like that happening before. That is now overspilling into things like this.

The FA need to take responsibility for the mess they've created.

Noel Mooney has said the police and FAW are involved so lifetime ban after criminal proceedings hopefully

A 43 year old man has been arrested, hopefully some bird coming up for the maggot...

Shocking stuff. Local referees and linesmen have been talking for years about the abuse and occasionally physical violence they are on the receiving end of. I doubt VAR has much to do with it, possibly it's made it slightly worse at most.

Before checking the article and footage I had assumed it was a young player who let his adrenaline get the better of him. But it looked like it was a manager in his bloody 40s! Complete and utter embarrassment and I hope that the FAW and the police throw the book at him to set an example.

This is completely unacceptable behaviour and I hope that bloke is jailed.

Imo, you can blame VAR for things like this happening.

It was pitched as something that would help referees. But in fact, all it's done is increase anger and mistrust of them. Howard Webb seems to be apologising every week. Clubs like Forest don't help either, with talk of corruption, conspiracy and threatening court action. You never had stuff like that happening before. That is now overspilling into things like this.

The FA need to take responsibility for the mess they've created.
Completely unacceptable. I agree, but I doubt very much that VAR is at blame here. Neanderthals like that will exist whether decisions are reviewed or not. The guy should be banned, locked up and not allowed to attend another football match in his life. As someone said earlier, a complete and utter coward… imagine the consequences for the linesman (just doing his job) had he responded in a similar manner.

"Police are appealing for information after a video circulating on social media appeared to show an incident involving a member of Amlwch’s coaching team during the match."

"Police are appealing for information after a video circulating on social media appeared to show an incident involving a member of Amlwch’s coaching team during the match."
Not sure what they're appealing for? It's pretty obvious who did what.

Not sure what they're appealing for? It's pretty obvious who did what.
Possibly to establish any mitigating circumstances such as what might have taken place before the video was being recorded etcetera. Agree though that outside of anything truly exceptional this looks like a slam dunk prosecution case.

Possibly to establish any mitigating circumstances such as what might have taken place before the video was being recorded etcetera. Agree though that outside of anything truly exceptional this looks like a slam dunk prosecution case.
Maybe.

Can't see why they can't do the job they're paid for, rather than waiting for the general public to do it for them.

Maybe.

Can't see why they can't do the job they're paid for, rather than waiting for the general public to do it for them.
The police will be looking for intent, was he talking about assaulting/harming the lad beforehand or was it just a spur of the moment attack, basically the difference between GBH or GBH with intent, and that could be the difference between a suspended sentence or jail time...

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back