• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Penguin and Roald Dahl

exiledclaseboy

Staff member
Reaction score
A story in four chapters.

1. Publisher announces revisions to original text of Dahl books to remove outdated language.

2. Pee Cee Gone Mad outcry ensues. “This is outrageous” cry the usual suspects. You know who they are.

3. Publisher announces it’ll publish “classic” unaltered versions alongside the new updated books.

4. Publisher makes more money.

Some mugs out there aye.

exiledclaseboy said:

1. Publisher announces revisions to original text of Dahl books to remove outdated language.

2. Pee Cee Gone Mad outcry ensues. “This is outrageous” cry the usual suspects. You know who they are.

3. Publisher announces it’ll publish “classic” unaltered versions alongside the new updated books.

Some mugs out there aye.

If only we could capture the hot air spewed out by prats like Littlehohn and the rest of the crew on GBeebies we wouldn't need to rely on fossil fuels

waynekerr55 said:
If only we could capture the hot air spewed out by prats like Littlehohn and the rest of the crew on GBeebies we wouldn't need to rely on fossil fuels

Not just them though is it. They are legion. And utterly convinced of their worldview.

Stop being so wokey or else I’ll go on Twitter and find something that suits my gammony bias. That’ll prove something.

Neath_Jack said:
Stop being so wokey or else I’ll go on Twitter and find something that suits my gammony bias. That’ll prove something.

Think you meant “WOKEY”. Capital letters compulsory.

Fvck me, there's some delicate little flowers out there.

exiledclaseboy said:

Some mugs out there aye.

He was worth less than £10m when he died in 1990 and the people in charge of the estate have done very well since. Apparently worth billions now, including the £1.5b they trousered from Netflix.

Stunts like this show they know what they're doing.

JackSomething said:
He was worth less than £10m when he died in 1990 and the people in charge of the estate have done very well since. Apparently worth billions now, including the £1.5b they trousered from Netflix.

Stunts like this show they know what they're doing.

Yep.

I find it hilarious that the right wingers (and therefore staunch capitalists) believe that it is "WOKE people" driving this sort of change - remember Mrs potato head. When in fact it is the companies ensuring they make more money from their market.

We often use the phrase "you couldn't make this up" yet many people do on a daily basis. :roll:

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back