• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Patience needed

Swansea93

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
With us losing Piroe and 99% certain Wood, we need massive patience with Duff while we get replacements in and for the team to fully settle in, with the number of players that have come in some not anywhere near match fitness we need time to get everything bedded in.

At Barnsley as has been posted on here Duff didn’t get fully going until October there, we gave Martin a lot of time and patience we need the same here whilst we rebuild again, let’s see where we are when the window closes and what we have going forward and hopefully we’ll see improvements week on week.

His Barnsley side won 4 and drew 1 game in September so "didn't get fully going until October" is a strange take.

Swansea93 said:
With us losing Piroe and 99% certain Wood, we need massive patience with Duff while we get replacements in and for the team to fully settle in, with the number of players that have come in some not anywhere near match fitness we need time to get everything bedded in.

At Barnsley as has been posted on here Duff didn’t get fully going until October there, we gave Martin a lot of time and patience we need the same here whilst we rebuild again, let’s see where we are when the window closes and what we have going forward and hopefully we’ll see improvements week on week.
We were told to be patient when Martin was appointed as well, where did that get us all ? 2 mid table finishes and not a sniff of getting in the play offs. Shall we all be patient for another 10 seasons and just stomach mediocrity? Before anyone has a go, yes i have seen all the rubbish football served up since the early 1970s.

jasper_T said:
His Barnsley side won 4 and drew 1 game in September so "didn't get fully going until October" is a strange take.

It's not a template like for like fella I know you like to use it as a stick to beat him with but come on. It's 3 games, if it's still shit after 5 months I'll be the first to moan about him.

cmajack said:
We were told to be patient when Martin was appointed as well, where did that get us all ? 2 mid table finishes and not a sniff of getting in the play offs. Shall we all be patient for another 10 seasons and just stomach mediocrity? Before anyone has a go, yes i have seen all the rubbish football served up since the early 1970s.

Yeah we should be top of the league after 3 games, he's failed.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Yeah we should be top of the league after 3 games, he's failed.

Didn't say that, i said giving Martin 2 years of patience just got us 2 mid table finishes ,including a run of something like 3 wins in 20 odd games at one stage in the season. Think generally the fans have been very patient since we got relegated from the Premier league.

Swansea93 said:

We haven't got much choice than to be patient. He's got quite a job on his hands and it's getting harder as we continue to lose our best players. Recent years have felt like it's 1 step forward, 2 back. But what can we do? Just turn up and support the team and hope that the recruitment works and that Duff can get them playing as a well-oiled unit. If not, I'll spend most matches well-oiled to numb the pain :lol:

cmajack said:
Didn't say that, i said giving Martin 2 years of patience just got us 2 mid table finishes ,including a run of something like 3 wins in 20 odd games at one stage in the season. Think generally the fans have been very patient since we got relegated from the Premier league.

The fans patience had no baring on Where we finished the last two seasons, that was down to the manager and the owners but I do agree with you that we have been patient since the premier days but do we have a choice.

Will just throw this in for what it’s worth. I watch Swans TV regularly and thought it was interesting. That reminds me - need to change the VPN from default setting UK for tomorrow. Anyway - Trundle and the absolute legend Alan Curtis seem to be at odds. Trundle bemoaning the lack of passing and Curt appreciating the more direct approach and threat from set pieces. I wonder where the team stand on it ?

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back