• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

On today’s evidence…

Magic_Michu

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
We played easily the best best team in the league by a country mile and went toe to toe with them for large parts of the game.

If we had slightly more luck and decisions from the ref we may have even grabbed something.

Play like we are at the moment for the rest of the season and we’ll get results against most teams… and make play offs.

Magic_Michu said:
We played easily the best best team in the league by a country mile and went toe to toe with them for large parts of the game.

If we had slightly more luck and decisions from the ref we may have even grabbed something.

Play like we are at the moment for the rest of the season and we’ll get results against most teams… and make play offs.

I concur.

Magic_Michu said:

We were a million miles from the way they played today. They dominated possession, all their players were extremely comfortable on the ball, had 2 excellent wide players. They attacked at pace ( something we don't do) and little one-twos all over the park. At one stage their goalkeeper was almost on the half way line.

I didn’t say we played like them… but we kept them at bay for large parts (some luck) but we also generated lots of chances for ourselves too.

Cullen hitting the cross bar, Darling missed a sitter from a corner and we had a stone wall penalty turned down - it should have been a red card too as it denied a goal.

Leicester were easily the better side but we found a way to stay in the game and generate chances.

cmajack said:
We were a million miles from the way they played today. They dominated possession, all their players were extremely comfortable on the ball, had 2 excellent wide players. They attacked at pace ( something we don't do) and little one-twos all over the park. At one stage their goalkeeper was almost on the half way line.

They will dominated every single team they play this season and win this Championship by a record point margin, we gave them more than a contest and were in the game until the 87th minute.
Glass half full for me anyway.

Obviously their quality stood out; however their attacks were a brute force rinse and repeat. All they tried to do was get it to a wide man and then try and run into the box from there.

They also tried to have runners more centrally which they tried to find from further out but I thought our defence did very well to keep the brunt of it at bay with some excellent zonal organisation.

I can’t imagine what the scoreline would have been last season. See their game against Saints this season for a gauge but lots surely took heart from today seeing that Duff knows how to adapt to whoever we’re against.

Magic_Michu said:

Yep, spot on.

Watford will be a more realistic match for our current development. We’re nowhere near ready for promotion though. Don’t care about play offs. Leicester will crash and burn when they go up, just like 100 point Burnley.

Magic_Michu said:

I couldn’t agree more. The referee book our player for a trip early on then their player sticks his hand up to stop one of our passes and just a free kick. But that was always going to be the case when a “big team” comes to town (remembering the Man City cup game in particular).
We went toe to toe and though we didn’t deserve to win a draw wouldn’t have been robbery. I’m grateful to Duff for working so hard with Grimes, Darling, Paterson etc and making us an enjoyable watch again (after 4 years of mediocrity and frustration). We won’t play anything like this standard for the entire rest of the season and I personally think we could make the play offs.

Magic_Michu said:

Spot on.
Normally am pissed off for the night when we lose, but was kinda proud today. We are making progress, personally think that the defence now has confidence in the keeper and that's helping everybody. Roll on midweek.

Magic_Michu said:
I didn’t say we played like them… but we kept them at bay for large parts (some luck) but we also generated lots of chances for ourselves too.

Cullen hitting the cross bar, Darling missed a sitter from a corner and we had a stone wall penalty turned down - it should have been a red card too as it denied a goal.

Leicester were easily the better side but we found a way to stay in the game and generate chances.

I remember calling for a penalty bit can't remember the incident, remind me.

magicdaps10 said:
I remember calling for a penalty bit can't remember the incident, remind me.

Just seen it.
Arms were close to his body but it was heading in.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back