• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Offside

Pegojack

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Will someone in the know please remind me what the new directive is to linos in terms of delaying putting the flag up when a player is clearly offside.
It's still driving me round the feckin bend. I just can't see any purpose in letting play continue for 10, 15, 20 seconds, sometimes allowing a goal to be scored,vwhen everyone in the stadium knows it's offside. Just WHAT is the feckin point???

OK, since none of you dull lot know, I've just googled it. It's to allow VAR to do it's job and not allow a quick (incorrect) flag to deny a team a goal scoring opportunity. They flag when the movement is over, and VAR can then be called on if neccessary.
They do it in all leagues, because the linos need to be consistent and practice for if and when they go up to the highest league or internationals.

I get all that but when it is blatantly offside by several yards why wait then?

PSumbler said:
I get all that but when it is blatantly offside by several yards why wait then?

They're waiting for a player to get badly injured before realising the stupidity of it.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back