• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

New EFL deal

JustJack

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
What is this clusterfuckery?

Why didn't they just end the blackout ffs, now we have this half way nonsense at 12.30pm

However, more matches will be available to stream, with six games across the Championship, League One and League Two set to begin at 12:30 each Saturday.

What is included in the deal?
There will be 10 live EFL fixtures shown every weekend, with five from the Championship and five from League One and League Two.

All opening, midweek and final-day EFL matches will be shown live, as will all games played on Bank Holidays and League One and Two matches that are held during international breaks

JustJack said:
What is this clusterfuckery?

Why didn't they just end the blackout ffs, now we have this half way nonsense at 12.30pm

Only the EFL could take the best idea possible and somehow make it worse

I read it as we now have a significant chance of playing at 12.30pm? 5 in 12 odds?

IPTV and a quick Google search for free sites make any EFL deal irrelevant anyway...

Swanjaxs said:
IPTV and a quick Google search for free sites make any EFL deal irrelevant anyway...

What about the fans who like to attend games? especially away ones?

A 41% chance of kicking off at 12.30pm is frustrating.

JustJack said:
What about the fans who like to attend games? especially away ones?

A 41% chance of kicking off at 12.30pm is frustrating.

Aye fair enough, but unfortunately streaming is the way to go, both legally and illegally, us fans are well down the queue in the money tree

328 Championship matches a season. How many times will we be on? My maths makes it 26 matches out of 46 to be shown live.

50% more money. Do we get around £8m at the moment?

JustJack said:
Only the EFL could take the best idea possible and somehow make it worse

I read it as we now have a significant chance of playing at 12.30pm? 5 in 12 odds?

Don't think it's just 12.30 is it? There will be 5 championship games televised every weekend but they could be anytime besides 3pm Saturday is how I read it? Friday night/ Saturday 12.30, Saturday night / Sunday?

I’m quite partial to a lunchtime kick off at home, and my away days are largely limited to one or two a season. I rarely plan ahead as the work calendar is fluid but for those that do like to have a plan then the fixture changes will play havoc. Best not go booking any trains or hotels that far in advance.

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/may/efl-and-sky-sports-broadcast-rights-agreement/

Cooperman said:
I’m quite partial to a lunchtime kick off at home, and my away days are largely limited to one or two a season. I rarely plan ahead as the work calendar is fluid but for those that do like to have a plan then the fixture changes will play havoc. Best not go booking any trains or hotels that far in advance.

It does say that there will be longer notice periods for tv game announcements.

But if we're away literally anywhere in this division on a Friday night or Saturday evening ko there would be no trains home anyway. And it will be extremely difficult to get to a load of Saturday 12.30 kos by train too.

This deal is particularly poor for the likes of us and Plymouth.

Chief said:
It does say that there will be longer notice periods for tv game announcements.

But if we're away literally anywhere in this division on a Friday night or Saturday evening ko there would be no trains home anyway. And it will be extremely difficult to get to a load of Saturday 12.30 kos by train too.

This deal is particularly poor for the likes of us and Plymouth.

The folk who do the hard miles on the road match after match will still probably find a way. Hats off to them, I can’t do it any more.

Cooperman said:
The folk who do the hard miles on the road match after match will still probably find a way. Hats off to them, I can’t do it any more.

Yes buses are an option but I'm a train man.

Although the costs these days are bad.

Chief said:
Yes buses are an option but I'm a train man.

Although the costs these days are bad.

Oh yes, train before bus any day of the week.

Cooperman said:
Oh yes, train before bus any day of the week.

Biggest scandal nobody is talking about

My regular commute in Wales is 15 mins and is now a £10 return without a rail card.

I did Birmingham to London around Easter for £12 single, that is around 1 hour 30 mins.

How they get away with it is horrific, sometimes its cheaper to buy a return than a single!

JustJack said:
Biggest scandal nobody is talking about

My regular commute in Wales is 15 mins and is now a £10 return without a rail card.

I did Birmingham to London around Easter for £12 single, that is around 1 hour 30 mins.

How they get away with it is horrific, sometimes its cheaper to buy a return than a single!

The train ticket pricing scheme defies all logic. I challenge anyone to come up with a reasonable formal explanation of how it works.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back