• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

More investment...

You have to wonder is this ‘investment’ for profit and sustainability reasons.
As we don’t really seem to see the investment put in on the pitch.

You have to wonder is this ‘investment’ for profit and sustainability reasons.
As we don’t really seem to see the investment put in on the pitch.
It's all self preservation.

Its not an investment. They are doing it so we (their club, they are the owners after all) don't go bust. They got sold a pup and are 100M in the hole. They need there to still be a club if there is any prospect of them making some of that back. Unless we are now a tax exercise. Silversteins interests seem very odd to me.(His website is bizzare) The fact is its hole plugging, not investment.
Football is going to pop at some point. The money isn't there in our league, its just that it is appealing because teams are one good season away from a bonanza.

Its not an investment. They are doing it so we (their club, they are the owners after all) don't go bust. They got sold a pup and are 100M in the hole. They need there to still be a club if there is any prospect of them making some of that back. Unless we are now a tax exercise. Silversteins interests seem very odd to me.(His website is bizzare) The fact is its hole plugging, not investment.
Football is going to pop at some point. The money isn't there in our league, its just that it is appealing because teams are one good season away from a bonanza.

It won't pop. People have been saying it for years. But TV companies still cough up the money to keep it going.

For as long as they're willing to pay, the madness will continue. And there's no sign of it letting up yet.

Oh to be a fly on the wall when the strategy meeting takes place. I wonder how many voices are in favour of ceasing this regular injection and letting the club find its natural level with break even operating result, and that's almost certainly not at Championship level.

People don't realise how expensive it is to put an average/poor Championship side out these days. Clubs are losing tens of millions a year to tread water.
I feel that we pushed the boat out last summer.
Only Key and Tymon made it back to shore.
No more boat.

Oh to be a fly on the wall when the strategy meeting takes place. I wonder how many voices are in favour of ceasing this regular injection and letting the club find its natural level with break even operating result, and that's almost certainly not at Championship level.
13 players out the door when loans go back and contracts expire. Further degradation of playing staff. The bottom line is "what kind of a squad can 12k crowds sustain?"

I'm shocked by the fact you think they have Strategy meetings, only proper businesses do that, mun

It’s literally money to keep the lights on and pay the wages… but I am hearing that it’s larger investment from the new boys and Levein & Kaplan’s shares are being watered down month by month

Swansea City v Millwall

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back