• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Merthyr Town

JustJack

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
Beat Swindon Supermarine today to win 6 from their first 6 in the Southern Premier League South (2 steps below National League)

Not withholding that their support is largely made up of disgruntled/banned blueturds, thats a hell of a start.

Has anyone been to a game lately? I fancy a visit but heard that admission for non-locals is only through a rigorous interview process where they assess your loyalties

Aye let's go give Merthyr Town some support and all thier banned blueturds some company...

I'm in 👍

Swanjaxs said:
Aye let's go give Merthyr Town some support and all thier banned blueturds some company...

I'm in 👍

Massive game coming up soon between Baglan Dragons and Briton Ferry, both looking to get promoted to the Cymru Premier

Will you permit us to go to over other peoples houses to play?

JustJack said:
Massive game coming up soon between Baglan Dragons and Briton Ferry, both looking to get promoted to the Cymru Premier

Crack on mate, all three teams you've mentioned in this thread hold absolutely no interest to me, I probably should have kept my nose out in fairness 👍😂

JustJack said:
Beat Swindon Supermarine today to win 6 from their first 6 in the Southern Premier League South (2 steps below National League)

Not withholding that their support is largely made up of disgruntled/banned blueturds, thats a hell of a start.

Has anyone been to a game lately? I fancy a visit but heard that admission for non-locals is only through a rigorous interview process where they assess your loyalties

I went up to a friendly our u23s had against them a few summers back. Plenty of swans fans there wearing shirts, didn't seem to have any aggro. They have a flag that they take to Wales games too which has "neither Cardiff nor Swansea, just international Merthyrism". Heard on a podcast that it derived from having enough of scummers doing their stunt of asking whether there were any jacks around and them getting caught up in it.

Superb old school stadium with a standing bank very much like a mini North Bank.

My interest in non league football has lately far surpassed my interest in say the Premier League. I’ve been keeping an eye on Merthyr so far this season as they’re now the only Welsh side outside of the football league, and it’s been a great start for them.

I’ve also enjoyed keeping up with the likes of Dorking Wanderers, Walton and Hersham and Hashtag United (all relatively easy to watch due to them being quite big on social media).

Running my own side (Fforestfach) has been a great experience as well so far. Saturdays result at Preston would usually ruin my week up until the next game, but we came back from 4 down at half time against Clase to draw 4-4, and that felt better than any Swans win has for a good few years (excluding the Cardiff ones).

My point being that I started to fall out of love with football until I started following these lower league sides and even running a side myself. I would urge everyone to make more of an effort to go and watch our local sides, I know I definitely will when I can.

JustJack said:

Hang on, the Baglan what?? Fuck my eyes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Neath_Jack said:
Hang on, the Baglan what?? f**k my eyes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Started as an amateur team at the start of the century and now one promotion away from the top league, undefeated so far.

Briton Ferry top of the league at the moment though, they were in the league around it's inception date I believe.

I'm exactly the same mate, I'm disconnected from the professional game and have been enjoying going down the pyramid to try and find that connection again.

People ask me 'how do you watch that level of crap?', well some people can't watch games with a lower standard of skill, but I struggle to watch games with a crap level of passion.

JustJack said:
I'm exactly the same mate, I'm disconnected from the professional game and have been enjoying going down the pyramid to try and find that connection again.

People ask me 'how do you watch that level of crap?', well some people can't watch games with a lower standard of skill, but I struggle to watch games with a crap level of passion.

The people who think anything outside of the Premier League is a crap standard are not worth talking to about football.

I find I have better conversations about football with people who watch/play a lower standard than people who only watch the Premier League and can only debate about who’s better out of Ronaldo and Messi.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back