• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Meridian tower problem

dickythorpe

Ivor Allchurch
Reaction score
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56738439

Must be very stressful.

I’m currently part of this (not meridian tower but nearby), I opened a thread on it a few months back. We’re having meetings with assembly members and MPs but it is a legal minefield.

The amount of money that we are being asked to cough up is staggering. It’s actually shocking that it’s legal. The insurance companies are getting away with murder on this.

I was asked in January to cough up £8000. Out of nowhere. Thank god I can afford it, but there are hundreds and hundreds of families in a worse position than me that have to pay more. We bought these properties years ago on the basis that they were legal and we’re having to now pay for these f*ck ups.

It’s scandalous, it really is. It’s causing a lot of stress and depression especially in these tough times. I’m getting married next year and hoping to buy a different property, but I cannot remortgage or sell this one until the work is complete. This will take years and years as many are understandably contesting it. It’s putting lives on hold.

Very sorry to hear that Swervy, it must be horrible.
Surely the scandal will be exposed for what it is and you'll get justice and reimbursement.
Good luck and keep us in the loop.🤞👍

Was reading about this today, a couple were asked to cough up 21k for remedial works, and the management fees have been hiked up too, apparently, shocking stuff. Sounds like a real messy situation.
Hope you get it sorted.

Yeah, what a total mindf*ck.

I still cannot grasp how or why Zurich are taking this stance. They must have high exposure.

dickythorpe said:
Very sorry to hear that Swervy, it must be horrible.
Surely the scandal will be exposed for what it is and you'll get justice and reimbursement.
Good luck and keep us in the loop.🤞👍

This.

Thanks guys. I'm in a pretty tough place at the moment mentally! Cooperball doesn't help sometimes. :lol:

I’m sorry to hear that Swerve, must be horrible, although plenty to look forward to with wedding etc.

Up here in Cardiff Neil McEvoy AM / MS is doing his bit for residents in a similar situation. Neil isn’t my cup of tea at all but he’s doing his best.

Have you seen this Swervey, not sure how relevant it will be to you!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56924131

Cheers J2J and thanks Pentyrch.

The news was really a kick in the teeth to families yesterday, people are struggling to pay for cladding that is not their fault, and you've got Boris spending a shed load of cash on making his flat look pretty.

There will be plenty of suicides from this scandal - mark my words. Seeing a young working woman on the news last night crying and considering filing for bankruptcy, through no fault of her own, was heartbreaking. Then you've got Priti Patel's smug face telling us that the new fire regs are great without any consideration on how they are affecting lives.

I spoke with someone yesterday who is regularly in meetings with the housing minister for Wales - apparently the money that they set aside to deal with these issues have 1) been taken up by Covid and 2) been used up on public buildings rather than private buildings. No idea how number 1 could happen, surely these funds should have been ringfenced?

This will go on for years, but when all of the details fully surface to the public and media it will be one of the biggest scandals of recent times.

MrSwerve said:

The news was really a kick in the teeth to families yesterday, people are struggling to pay for cladding that is not their fault, and you've got Boris spending a shed load of cash on making his flat look pretty.

There will be plenty of suicides from this scandal - mark my words. Seeing a young working woman on the news last night crying and considering filing for bankruptcy, through no fault of her own, was heartbreaking. Then you've got Priti Patel's smug face telling us that the new fire regs are great without any consideration on how they are affecting lives.

I spoke with someone yesterday who is regularly in meetings with the housing minister for Wales - apparently the money that they set aside to deal with these issues have 1) been taken up by Covid and 2) been used up on public buildings rather than private buildings. No idea how number 1 could happen, surely these funds should have been ringfenced?

This will go on for years, but when all of the details fully surface to the public and media it will be one of the biggest scandals of recent times.
I don't know where to start with this one, suffice to say, that there have been systemic failings throughout the industry, which have lead to this point. I can't believe that home owners even on recently constructed properties are saddled with the costs of remedial works, it stinks. Where are the NHBC, where are the LA planning Authority's, The BRE, designers, et al, what are they saying, or have they all disappeared into the ether.
I'm sorry you find yourself in this position along with millions of other people, it's an horrendous situation, and one that I hope is resolved as quickly as possible for everyone's sake, keep us posted if possible. ATB.👍

Jack2jack said:
MrSwerve said:

I don't know where to start with this one, suffice to say, that there have been systemic failings throughout the industry, which have lead to this point. I can't believe that home owners even on recently constructed properties are saddled with the costs of remedial works, it stinks. Where are the NHBC, where are the LA planning Authority's, The BRE, designers, et al, what are they saying, or have they all disappeared into the ether.
I'm sorry you find yourself in this position along with millions of other people, it's an horrendous situation, and one that I hope is resolved as quickly as possible for everyone's sake, keep us posted if possible. ATB.👍

Agree totally. Best wishes for a speedy and successful outcome.

It’s disgusting. Totally sickening.

All the best Mr S

Seems there maybe some better news on the horizon. Hope so anyway. It only mentions leaseholders though.🤔

MrSwerve said:
I’m currently part of this (not meridian tower but nearby), I opened a thread on it a few months back. We’re having meetings with assembly members and MPs but it is a legal minefield.

The amount of money that we are being asked to cough up is staggering. It’s actually shocking that it’s legal. The insurance companies are getting away with murder on this.

I was asked in January to cough up £8000. Out of nowhere. Thank god I can afford it, but there are hundreds and hundreds of families in a worse position than me that have to pay more. We bought these properties years ago on the basis that they were legal and we’re having to now pay for these f*ck ups.

It’s scandalous, it really is. It’s causing a lot of stress and depression especially in these tough times. I’m getting married next year and hoping to buy a different property, but I cannot remortgage or sell this one until the work is complete. This will take years and years as many are understandably contesting it. It’s putting lives on hold.

As I understand Mr.S the > 18M SA1 developments are now sorted and Persimmon etc sorting ? Can you confirm ? did you need to cough up the £8k as posted ?

The 11-18M sites are now also hopefully to be sorted, in the same vein.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back