• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Menorca today

And this...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/po-britannia-cruise-ship-carrying-27603857

And...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/storm-destroys-mallorca-hotel-pool-27605193

WxmJax said:
Incredible

1000013920.png

Was there last week and it was absolutely roasting, caught sun on my chest on the Friday we arrived and both my shoulders middle of the week whilst swimming, stayed under the umbrella when I wasn't swimming :lol:

On another note, I never ever want another pint of Mahou god dam awful stuff.

Niigata Jack said:
Was there last week and it was absolutely roasting, caught sun on my chest on the Friday we arrived and both my shoulders middle of the week whilst swimming, stayed under the umbrella when I wasn't swimming :lol:

Where in Menorca? I was there in June.

Neath_Jack said:
Where in Menorca? I was there in June.

Cala'n Bosch, stayed at the Valentin Star hotel, Adults Only Hotel, travelled with TUI, booked half board, but disappointed with the food, some nights it was ok other nights not so, they don't even cook the veg like we do here, I'm a typical Brit abroad though :lol:

Not a lot around Cala'n Bosch nice enough Harbour, cracking beach which is like a big cove, but it was brilliant for swimming in lovely deep and clear water, swim out past those in close and into open water away from the Hordes.

Think I chose the wrong area to stay in to be honest, there must be nicer places there with long sandy beaches and more to do in the evenings, luckily the hotel had gigs on every night, so we'd watch them then go out to few watering holes around the harbour, great if you want a quiet holiday lounging on a sun bed around the pool, pool was lovely in fairness.

Except for couples cuddling and smooching in the pool, if you wanna do that stay in the fucking room FFS. :x

Niigata Jack said:

Estrella Galicia every time.

WxmJax said:
Estrella Galicia every time.

Didn't have that on draught everywhere, just bottles that were the same price of a pint of Mahou, Cruzcampo or San Miguel, Chaplins on the Harbour was the cheapest place for most pub stuff 3.70 euro a pint of SM, Mahou at Hotel was 5.50 euro :x

Shout out for Chaplins Full English Breakie, :D

My daughter and her family are in Cala'n Bosch and they said the weather yesterday was as bad as they've ever seen anywhere. Such a shame, they've only gone for a short 4 night break before schools resume so to have a whole day written off when they couldn't even contemplate going outside has really spoiled it for them.

karnataka said:
My daughter and her family are in Cala'n Bosch and they said the weather yesterday was as bad as they've ever seen anywhere. Such a shame, they've only gone for a short 4 night break before schools resume so to have a whole day written off when they couldn't even contemplate going outside has really spoiled it for them.

Driver who drove us to Airport Friday morning was expecting bad weather yesterday, think the whole of this week isn't great either, we were originally going to go this week, but for other issues, so we got lucky by going on the 18th.

Where are they staying?

We are in Mallorca and that was quite a storm yesterday. We started walking down to our fave restaurant and got to the end of the road and actually said eff this. It was bad. Cooked a nice carbanara and some chilled drinks at home. Looked terrible out there this morning but fair play to the pool guy, all cleaned up all the garden and pool by 11 - wouldnt have known anything happened.

Niigata Jack said:
Cala'n Bosch, stayed at the Valentin Star hotel, Adults Only Hotel, travelled with TUI, booked half board, but disappointed with the food, some nights it was ok other nights not so, they don't even cook the veg like we do here, I'm a typical Brit abroad though :lol:

Not a lot around Cala'n Bosch nice enough Harbour, cracking beach which is like a big cove, but it was brilliant for swimming in lovely deep and clear water, swim out past those in close and into open water away from the Hordes.

Think I chose the wrong area to stay in to be honest, there must be nicer places there with long sandy beaches and more to do in the evenings, luckily the hotel had gigs on every night, so we'd watch them then go out to few watering holes around the harbour, great if you want a quiet holiday lounging on a sun bed around the pool, pool was lovely in fairness.

Except for couples cuddling and smooching in the pool, if you wanna do that stay in the f*****g room FFS. :x

From my experience, Cala'n Bosch is positively bouncing to most resorts in Menorca :lol:

Love that island, perfect for relaxing away from it all.

Neath_Jack said:
From my experience, Cala'n Bosch is positively bouncing to most resorts in Menorca :lol:

Its busy in the evening, deserted during the day plus there's only a few places still serving sarsaparilla's after half 11 to 12am

Purely by luck not judgement, we've settled in an area (north Costa Blanca) which gets far less extreme weather than the Balearics, which are only a couple of hundred kms east of us, and more acceptable temperatures than Murcia, a couple of 100kms south, often 7 or 8°C difference.
Its been bluddy lovely here all this week apart from a couple of hours rain on Saturday, the first for two months.

Neath_Jack said:

Same here. Stayed in a couple of different resorts on the island. Cala'n Blanes/Forcat is pretty busy compared to most but it's all set up for families rather than nightlife.

JackSomething said:
Same here. Stayed in a couple of different resorts on the island. Cala'n Blanes/Forcat is pretty busy compared to most but it's all set up for families rather than nightlife.

There's not a lot there for kids from what we saw, there's a hotel that backs onto the beach that's a family resort, there's a hotel up on the right of the beach that maybe the same, but we didn't go up there, plenty of families walking around harbour in the evenings though.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back