• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Massive Food Price Rises

BrynCartwright

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
Yesterday a pack of 'budget' blueberries were 99p in Tesco Bont.....today they are £1.59!!...That is a 60% ish rise....I like them in my breakfast yogurt, so it is most unwelcome in the Cartwright household...

I defy anyone on PS to beat that as an example of how expensive things are quickly becoming...

Attachments

• 20230512_185427.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,011
That's outrageous Bryn.
We picked up a small punnet of blackberries today, there's about 12 in the pack. £2.30 they were. Price of food is ridiculous, problem is that prices wont fall significantly anytime soon if at all, even though fuel prices have fallen and energy price cap is due to be reduced in July, we are fecked.

This runs it close, Bryn.

Attachments

• A6329768-E3CB-41E2-B389-FCDB1D4BFC10.jpeg
    A6329768-E3CB-41E2-B389-FCDB1D4BFC10.jpeg
    355 KB · Views: 992
Loads of food in Tesco have doubled in price in a matter of weeks. Pretty much everything I buy 🤣

It’s probably Drakeford’s fault. Or devolution. Anyone but where the blame actually lies. It’s blatant profiteering and most of the companies involved are massive donators to and/or friends of the Conservative Party. They’re allowed to go unchecked because this government, regardless of who is notionally in charge of it, is possibly the most corrupt this country has ever had. And that takes some doing.

But still, those 20mph limits. That will save many lives. The bastards. Give more power to Tory Westminster. Etc.

BrynCartwright said:
Yesterday a pack of 'budget' blueberries were 99p in Tesco Bont.....today they are £1.59!!...That is a 60% ish rise....I like them in my breakfast yogurt, so it is most unwelcome in the Cartwright household...

I defy anyone on PS to beat that as an example of how expensive things are quickly becoming...

That’s radio rental- just extortionate. I don’t shop in Tesco if I can help it, probably been in our local store twice this year. Normally it’s Lidl, Aldi (although I’ve noticed their prices have gone up) and a local fruiterer for fresh produce.

I use a lot of fuel, over the last few days diesel in our local independent is 139.9, in Tesco Carmarthen it was 146.9, Tesco Llanelli was 141.9 and in Swansea it’s 149.9. The independent is 10p per litre cheaper than Tesco Swansea ( approx 45p a gallon for us oldies) so if you’re filling up it’s a good fiver difference. Pays to shop around!

What also annoyed me was the price cut in bread/butter yesterday- as soon as 1 chain decided they could do it they all decided they could afford it - were defo being taken for a ride!

It should have stopped months ago the food prices increasing, at the start we swallowed it, Oh yeah I understand, fuel, electric and gas going up.. now on the way down... hmmm

On a side note Aldis have Wonky Blueberries for 99p

https://www.trolley.co.uk/product/everyday-essentials-blueberries/QXO574

MajorR said:
That’s radio rental- just extortionate. I don’t shop in Tesco if I can help it, probably been in our local store twice this year. Normally it’s Lidl, Aldi (although I’ve noticed their prices have gone up) and a local fruiterer for fresh produce.

I use a lot of fuel, over the last few days diesel in our local independent is 139.9, in Tesco Carmarthen it was 146.9, Tesco Llanelli was 141.9 and in Swansea it’s 149.9. The independent is 10p per litre cheaper than Tesco Swansea ( approx 45p a gallon for us oldies) so if you’re filling up it’s a good fiver difference. Pays to shop around!

What also annoyed me was the price cut in bread/butter yesterday- as soon as 1 chain decided they could do it they all decided they could afford it - were defo being taken for a ride!

Diesel is £1.36 in the Melyn, cheapest I’ve seen it for a long time now. Tesco Neath Abbey around the corner is £1.41.

Supposedly food prices have now peaked and we can see significant fall in food prices in the next few months.

I hold my breath......we clapped these places during lock down and they recorded record profits from it and have just slapped us in the face a few years down the line.

MajorR said:

I had the misfortune to put fuel in car in Broadway the other day, wow something like 144p a litre for unleaded, which seems to be about 6p more a litre than anywhere else, ha ha how they are still going is beyond me, with those prices they must think they are in the services or something.

jack123 said:
I had the misfortune to put fuel in car in Broadway the other day, wow something like 144p a litre for unleaded, which seems to be about 6p more a litre than anywhere else, ha ha how they are still going is beyond me, with those prices they must think they are in the services or something.
Oviously got big windows there, saw you coming.😂👍

Petrol guzzlers, scrimping to save a 5er.. up there with music, coffee snobs

Jack2jack said:
Oviously got big windows there, saw you coming.😂👍

:lol: It really was a needs be kind of thing, I really do avoid that place like the plague, haven't been there for years. I am quite surprised how they keep going, they must have some regular customers there, who just don't care about money.

Douwe Egberts coffee £6 last week £9.30 this week in Morrisons, where the fuck is the justification for such a hike

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back