• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Man City

legoman

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
Now corporate cheats as well?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64536785

They need to be relegated to non league as a warning to others. By the time the right people have been 'encouraged' like no doubt the CAS was, they'll be let off with a £10 fine.

monmouth said:
They need to be relegated to non league as a warning to others. By the time the right people have been 'encouraged' like no doubt the CAS was, they'll be let off with a £10 fine.

I think that's a decent shout. Look at the punishment Rangers were given.

Nothing will happen.

It will all continue.

The top of the game is just a money laundering vehicle now.

JustJack said:
Nothing will happen.

It will all continue.

The top of the game is just a money laundering vehicle now.

Not so sure pal, they've been investigating this for 4 yrs. Too long a time just to brush under the carpet . The PL will want blood.
Our friends up the road were investigated for fraction of that time and had sanctions.

Longlostjack said:
Should be stripped of their titles. Not going to happen though. Newcastle will be next.

Or Chelsea.

Financial irregularities and the PL want blood.
A team claims a player wasn't theirs. Goes through every possible Court they could and still don't pay up, after backtracking on their claim.
Have dragged the grieving family through the mill
All that's happened is a transfer embargo.

Forgive me if I think football has it's priorities wrong

sainthelens said:
Not so sure pal, they've been investigating this for 4 yrs. Too long a time just to brush under the carpet . The PL will want blood.
Our friends up the road were investigated for fraction of that time and had sanctions.

As Simon Jordan was saying on TS yesterday, the EPL is run by the clubs (Richard Masters is just the face who carries out orders).

They won't vote for Christmas, especially that top 6, they need Man City as a competitor

JustJack said:
As Simon Jordan was saying on TS yesterday, the EPL is run by the clubs (Richard Masters is just the face who carries out orders).

They won't vote for Christmas, especially that top 6, they need Man City as a competitor

Got to disagree with your second sentence there. The owners at Newcastle, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man United, Chelsea and Spurs would love to remove City and their billions as a competitor. More chance for them of winning things, and possibly even more importantly to those clubs, it opens up a Champions League place for one of them who would otherwise have missed out.

JackSomething said:
Got to disagree with your second sentence there. The owners at Newcastle, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man United, Chelsea and Spurs would love to remove City and their billions as a competitor. More chance for them of winning things, and possibly even more importantly to those clubs, it opens up a Champions League place for one of them who would otherwise have missed out.

Absolutely. FFP was specifically intended by the so called "big clubs" precisely to stop the likes of Man City and PSG from moving in on their turf.

JackSomething said:

I understand that but playing Man City gets you more in TV money and people watching than playing Bournemouth does.

If they drop out of the league suddenly then the value of the league drops aswell

They'd close the whole league off if they could.

JustJack said:
I understand that but playing Man City gets you more in TV money and people watching than playing Bournemouth does.

If they drop out of the league suddenly then the value of the league drops aswell

They'd close the whole league off if they could.

You could be right and I agree they'd definitely like a closed shop to play in, which would have been one of the reasons they wanted to join the European Super League.

Personally, I don't think Man City are that big of an attraction though. They've had their period of big spending success, but are they anywhere near the level of a Liverpool or Man United globally?

I think the sniff of another CL place being up for grabs would win out over Man City's intrinsic value to the PL box office, but that's just my opinion.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back