• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Luke's ways are starting to shine through - Swans have turned that corner

We could and we could have scored a couple more.

I think there is much confusion between "turning a corner" and being world class.... we have undoubtedly turned a corner with some better performances but we are way off the finished article but we have 100% improved to what we were.

And also what we were for long periods under the manager before Duff. Who we arent allowed to mention

I'm not sure the article suggested anything else but there are enough positives especially when you factor in how bad we have been for most of the last 100 league games

How anyone can say we aren't turning a corner when we've got 20% of our wins this season in the past two games whilst looking considerably better is beyond me.

It's baby steps but it was always going to be. Nobody believes we are the finished article but it's encouragement at least...?

I'd actually prefer Harry Darling to be brought on as defensive midfielder in preference to Fulton or as striker instead of Yates. I'm not joking.

I think the pressing game that we’re trying to play, shows the level of fitness of the players at this moment in time.
The last two matches, we’ve pressed the opposition into mistakes which we’ve capitalised on in the first half.
To keep up that intensity throughout the ninety minutes is a big ask.
If you ask me, I think we’re one of the unfitessed sides in the league.
Either the players improve their fitness levels, or we make it a priority to get in the personnel who can play a high pressing game.

I think the pressing game that we’re trying to play, shows the level of fitness of the players at this moment in time.
The last two matches, we’ve pressed the opposition into mistakes which we’ve capitalised on in the first half.
Either the players improve their fitness levels, or we make it a priority to get in the personnel who can play a high pressing game.
But Russ and Duff always told us that conditioning was the biggest part of their game?

I wouldn't disagree with that assessment of our pressing game but i think the bulk of the problem is that once we get to the point where players are tiring, we don't have anyone on the bench who can come on and help us keep up the momentum. Replacing Allen with Fulton is probably the most obvious example but there are others. All our subs against Blackburn and Sunderland diluted our Plan A to such an extent that it completely fell apart and made our 2 goals leads look extremely vulnerable but fortunately for us, neither of them was good enough to take full advantage. Hopefully, the return of some of the injured players will help to bolster that situation. You don't have to keep the pressing game going for 90 minutes because once you've established a 2 goal lead, you just need to control the rest of the game to see it out but unfortunately, although we've managed to hang on in the last 2 games, it has been a massive struggle and better teams may have been able to damage us.

I wouldn't disagree with that assessment of our pressing game but i think the bulk of the problem is that once we get to the point where players are tiring, we don't have anyone on the bench who can come on and help us keep up the momentum. Replacing Allen with Fulton is probably the most obvious example but there are others. All our subs against Blackburn and Sunderland diluted our Plan A to such an extent that it completely fell apart and made our 2 goals leads look extremely vulnerable but fortunately for us, neither of them was good enough to take full advantage. Hopefully, the return of some of the injured players will help to bolster that situation. You don't have to keep the pressing game going for 90 minutes because once you've established a 2 goal lead, you just need to control the rest of the game to see it out but unfortunately, although we've managed to hang on in the last 2 games, it has been a massive struggle and better teams may have been able to damage us.
A significant part of the reason we've played better recently has been Ronald, Placheta and Joey all coming in and contributing well.

When they go off we are back to the dross that got us into this mess. We basically start the game with energy in the middle and pace out wide and finish the game with the same crap team and same problems we've had all season.

100% turned the corner from last season. Anyone who refutes that is clearly pining, bereft.

We’ve turned a corner ++. However until we shed the calamitous legacy defensive ways of the past two terms, along with the legacy calamitous defenders we ain’t going nowhere soon.

We’re only as good as our weakest link, and although Marge & Co have worked wonders to try and flush out the detritus bonkers ways of the past two seasons, the damage is deep, rotten and needs expunging.

Our best in class recruitment model will fix it….

100% turned the corner from last season. Anyone who refutes that is clearly pining, bereft.

We’ve turned a corner ++. However until we shed the calamitous legacy defensive ways of the past two terms, along with the legacy calamitous defenders we ain’t going nowhere soon.

We’re only as good as our weakest link, and although Marge & Co have worked wonders to try and flush out the detritus bonkers ways of the past two seasons, the damage is deep, rotten and needs expunging.

Like something from Shakespeare, and that was a load of crap as well.

The corner was turned last season, our form towards the end if last season was clear showing of that.
However that is viewed in regards to why, how and what......you would be blind or in absolute denial to suggest that we vastly improved and ultimately turned a corner in our last 10 games last season.

We regressed badly over the summer in our recruitment of both players and management.

I count 6 championship clean sheets so far this season, which is low. I want to see that improve as well as more goals the other end but I agree we are seeing shoots of recovery

The corner was turned last season, our form towards the end if last season was clear showing of that.
However that is viewed in regards to why, how and what......you would be blind or in absolute denial to suggest that we vastly improved and ultimately turned a corner in our last 10 games last season.

We regressed badly over the summer in our recruitment of both players and management.

Read the article again. You’re missing the point, Daps.
Paraphrased :
  • There is a time again where the Swans are Good to watch
  • Adding pace to the squad has made a Massive difference to the way Swans play
  • High press, Grimes very high up the pitch
  • Naturally more attacking intent with the team
  • Grimes showing more direction and leadership
  • LW getting a tune out of the squad
= The antithesis of Martinball.

‘What we are seeing now is the early stages (we hope) of the transition into his style of play an with the addition of width, attacking intent and pressing the Swans are good to watch again. And it has been some time since we have been able to say that?
Long may it continue.’

Read the article again. You’re missing the point, Daps.
Paraphrased :
  • There is a time again where the Swans are Good to watch
  • Adding pace to the squad has made a Massive difference to the way Swans play
  • High press, Grimes very high up the pitch
  • Naturally more attacking intent with the team
  • Grimes showing more direction and leadership
  • LW getting a tune out of the squad
= The antithesis of Martinball.

‘What we are seeing now is the early stages (we hope) of the transition into his style of play an with the addition of width, attacking intent and pressing the Swans are good to watch again. And it has been some time since we have been able to say that?
Long may it continue.’

Have re read and I stand by the post.
We hopefully have turned the corner from the beginning of the season but clearly our last 10 games of last season was a team who were going in the right direction so what you are stating is very questionable indeed.

As for transition, all for it and can certainly see it......i banged the drum that it needs time and patience but as long as there are signs then it needs to be accepted.
Yes I certainly see it with Williams as I did with certain previous managers but certainly didn't see it in Duff.

Have re read and I stand by the post.
We hopefully have turned the corner from the beginning of the season but clearly our last 10 games of last season was a team who were going in the right direction so what you are stating is very questionable indeed.

As for transition, all for it and can certainly see it......i banged the drum that it needs time and patience but as long as there are signs then it needs to be accepted.
Yes I certainly see it with Williams as I did with certain previous managers but certainly didn't see it in Duff.
It's pointless debating with that, it hasn't got a clue what it's talking about.

Everyone who saw the last 10 games of last season knows how good it was. Anyone in denial of that is ill. The problem was we didn't build on it in summer, we dismantled it. As you correctly pointed out in your previous post.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back