• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Leighton James

Witneyjack

Reserve Team Player
Reaction score
Sat in my seat in the West today when two ladies were helping an older gentleman down the steps to the front row. The gent was very unsteady on his feet and it took some time. I was going to offer to help when one of the stewards came and assisted. It was only at half time when I saw Nigel Stevenson and Leighton Phillips go down to see him, when I realised it was Leighton James and his wife. Very sad to see how unwell he is and how it has physically affected him.

More to the point, how can a Swansea City legend and former player who has serious health issues , not been offered hospitality seats, or at the very least assistance to his seats?

Sat in my seat in the West today when two ladies were helping an older gentleman down the steps to the front row. The gent was very unsteady on his feet and it took some time. I was going to offer to help when one of the stewards came and assisted. It was only at half time when I saw Nigel Stevenson and Leighton Phillips go down to see him, when I realised it was Leighton James and his wife. Very sad to see how unwell he is and how it has physically affected him.

More to the point, how can a Swansea City legend and former player who has serious health issues , not been offered hospitality seats, or at the very least assistance to his seats?
You can blame that on the corporate business model at the club, the family values the club had have long gone.

Met him several times...off and on the cricket pitch. Never found him a nice guy tbh...but...bearing in mind his efforts for us, the club really need to be looking out for him.
Sums us up atm.

One of my heroes...on the pitch.

Curt and Robbie, on and off.

Agree with Saint totally that someone of that footballing stature deserves full support from the club,

I was listening to Radio Wales sport on the way to the game and they were talking about the ex players being introduced to the crowd today and one of the pundits said Swansea is one of the best clubs anywhere for looking after ex players.
I wonder what he would make of what has been said in this thread

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back