• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Leighton James RIP

What a talented player. Not many could dribble fast and forwards like him. Memorably good. People like Saka, Foden could usefully look at him as a means to improve.

I think he lived down the road from Mum and Dad for a while, in Highmead Avenue? This was in his playing days.

Sad news. He was a great player for every team he played for. I was the same school year as Leighton and played against him, he was always a great player even then.
RIP.
Well said.

Legend. RIP.

What a player. One of the very best to wear the shirt for us. RIP.

Sleep well Leighton. A great entertainer. Destroyer of England in 1980

Very sad indeed, thoughts are with his family right now.

Folks, enjoy everyday and live your life to the fulest, you don't know what's around the corner.

RIP Leight. Your playing days were before my time, but I've heard the stories and seen the clips. Absolutely would have been one of my favourite players.

I certainly remember you being an opinionated grump in your media days! Not afraid to speak your mind, that's for sure.

YJB

RIP Leight. Your playing days were before my time, but I've heard the stories and seen the clips. Absolutely would have been one of my favourite players.

I certainly remember you being an opinionated grump in your media days! Not afraid to speak your mind, that's for sure.

YJB
There’s no clip of his halfway line free kick against Liverpool when we were the last team to beat them that season in 1982. It was incredible…my memory may have moved the ball back a few yards, but not many.

Swansea City v Millwall

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back