• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Leighton James RIP

What a player & a great man. Saw him again a couple of years ago, with me was a Swans apprentice, when I showed him 'the' Preston goal on YouTube the young lad was well impressed.

I will always remember reading a Sunday newspaper article from ex-ref Keith Hackett who rated him highly, saying that just like with George Best when he was in the right mood he was absolutely impossible to defend against. He could win games all on his own. He had an arrogance and caustic attitude to some including Keith Hackett, but that aside he was an exceptionally magnificent player!!!!

Sad news. He was a great player for every team he played for. I was the same school year as Leighton and played against him, he was always a great player even then.
RIP.

Very sad news, wonderful wonderful footballer, played with 100% commitment and passion, todays pampered players could learn a lot by reading about Leighton James.

RIP Leighton James, it was a privilege to watch you play, Gods Speed.

Great player that would put many today to shame with his skill.

From a much simpler era when football was a true sport

RIP

Many years ago myself and a mate walked into the Mardy one afternoon for a game or two of pool, nobody else in the pub apart from the landlady and Leighton sitting at the bar, later on I went to the bar to get another round in, Leighton says, "she's down the cellar, what you having, he jumped around behind the bar and pulled me a couple of pints, he politely refused the offer of a drink and went to sit back on his stool.
It wouldn't have registered to Leighton what he had just done, for this jack, it will stay with me until my time comes.

Rest easy Leighton, Legend 🙏

Swansea City v Millwall

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back