• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Leeds support in South Wales

TerryPHELAN

First Team Player
Reaction score
Why’s it so big? Can understand to an extent, the plastics who support Man Utd and Liverpool, but why in particular Leeds and not Swans or even the headslappers?
It’s not as if Leeds have been successful in the last fifty or so years save for a solitary championship in 1992.
Prior to that you’ve got to go back to the 60s/70s for minor successes.

When I was in school, had to have a 'first division' team as well as Swans (who nobody dreamed would ever compete in that space, so two separate worlds really). So in those days of the early 70s it was all Arse, ManU, Livertool, Leeds or some strange kids that opted Chelsea. Leeds were my choice. Loved that team with Bremner, Hunter, Giles Jones, Lorimer, Clarke, Gray. Then I grew up and grew out of it.

I suppose some never do and 'support' these teams despite never having been near Anfield, Elland Rd or Old Trafford. It's like a 12 year old boy having a crush on Jenny Agutter (yep, guilty) but then never growing out of it. A bit sad and a bit pathetic.

The first football kid my parents ever bought me was a Leeds United kit, don't ask my why because I didn't have the slightest interest in them...

When I was in school, had to have a 'first division' team as well as Swans (who nobody dreamed would ever compete in that space, so two separate worlds really). So in those days of the early 70s it was all Arse, ManU, Livertool, Leeds or some strange kids that opted Chelsea. Leeds were my choice. Loved that team with Bremner, Hunter, Giles Jones, Lorimer, Clarke, Gray. Then I grew up and grew out of it.

I suppose some never do and 'support' these teams despite never having been near Anfield, Elland Rd or Old Trafford. It's like a 12 year old boy having a crush on Jenny Agutter (yep, guilty) but then never growing out of it. A bit sad and a bit pathetic.
When my Liverpool supporting BiL had a dig and asks how are the Swans doing, I just quip back and tell him that I have been to Anfield more times than him.

About 10-12 years ago or thereabouts, I asked my wife's nephew why he was wearing a Chelsea shirt and, surprise surprise, he said it was because he supported Chelsea. I asked him when he last saw them play and he said he'd never seen them play. I smiled and said "that's not supporting a club, it's called 'buying a shirt' and reminded him that he'd supported the Swans more than Chelsea then as I took him and my son to the Liberty around 2006/7. He's 31 now and, just as Monny did, he's grown out of that and now supports his home town club, Plymouth Argyle. 😳

Mate of mine is a 'massive' Leeds fan, he'll be there tonight as he's never seen them live😂 cheering them on.
Anyways, I hope he gets fvckin soaked walking too and from the game, and they get tonked. 👍

Mate of mine is a 'massive' Leeds fan, he'll be there tonight as he's never seen them live😂 cheering them on.
Anyways, I hope he gets fvckin soaked walking too and from the game, and they get tonked. 👍
Only one problem with that post is if he gets soaked walking to and from the ground then so do we. If we win, well my coat needs a good soaking and it will be fine. 👍🦢

These plastics are even worse when they actively partake in the pisstaking of their home area clubs. They embarrass themselves by not realising the self fulfilling prophecy aspect of that. The reason we aren't well supported&therefore a bigger all round club is because of dickheads like these people who'd rather spend their time and money on clubs hundreds of miles away that they have no real connection with. South Wales is absolutely infested with such types which is sad and baffling. We're similar sized to Sunderland/ Norwich etc but I don't think they suffer anywhere near as us on this in Wales.

Every town and city outside the top 8 of the prem has this problem

Yes, similar story with me. I remember when they had just destroyed Soton about 8-0 with an early version of ticky tacky / Martinball. Having seen it on MOTD, me and my mates were down the local playing field in Baglan the next day, trying to emulate that style of 'pass and move' football.

Thers been a few empty seats around by us last few games, if thers leeds fans ( local or not) that fancy making themselves heard, come shake my hand ill give you a nice welcome.
Cvnts.

My old man is Lids; thankfully my uncle showed me the light.

Asked him why Lids and the response was that "they always liked to shove it up em." :LOL:

In the mid 60s when Lids started their rise,I had a few mates who were fans,as you do in your teens, then knew a few in the 90s, and now have a neighbour who goes around in the shirt and jacket and has never seen them play.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back