• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Jordan Gardner praises Wrexham

• Thread starter Chief
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 58
  • Views: Views 4,055
Chief said:
I never actually said it would make any difference. His actions are just a pisstake. Writing articles praising a different club for doing things that our fans identify as actions that would be great for the club he is involved in the ownership is rather misguided.

The publicity, exposure opportunities that our other ownership group members are not taking advantage of was a point not aimed at this guy.

But you'll take time out of your day to express and confirm how much you don't care no doubt.

Thanks for reminding me, just checked and I can confirm I am still not bothered one tiny bit by this complete nothing of a story.

Remind me again tomorrow and I'll check again for you if you want.

Mount St Helens said:
Sadly,it seems we are powerless, as mere fans ,to simply accept the reality and that is they seem disinclined to sell and get out,which most of us want. The greatest concern must be to whom they sell the club.
I would have thought we are a fairly attractive purchasing prospect and it’s worrying that nobody ,it would appear,has appeared on the horizon to take us on.

Frankly I believe we sell ourselves short.

What makes us an attractive option to buy? The only people wanting to go near Championship clubs at the moment seem to be complete con men (the African bloke supposedly after Sheff Utd, the preferred bidder for Derby last year has just been charged with fraud). It's not division when you can put a few million in the till, shine up the merchandising department, and see meaningful forward progress. Clubs are overspending tens of millions a year just to keep up with the middle of the pack.

Mount St Helens said:
Sadly,it seems we are powerless, as mere fans ,to simply accept the reality and that is they seem disinclined to sell and get out,which most of us want. The greatest concern must be to whom they sell the club.
I would have thought we are a fairly attractive purchasing prospect and it’s worrying that nobody ,it would appear,has appeared on the horizon to take us on.

Frankly I believe we sell ourselves short.

They’re not disinclined to sell. They are desperate. But as Jasper points out it’s a bad division to sell in so a total buy out is difficult.

The alternative is bringing in bits and pieces that gradually dilutes their stake which is what they’re doing. We need to get self sustainable and wait for one of those years where we end up with a decent chance of going up because we find a young gem or two, or have a bit of luck, or find a decent manager.

Londonlisa2001 said:
They’re not disinclined to sell. They are desperate. But as Jasper points out it’s a bad division to sell in so a total buy out is difficult.

The alternative is bringing in bits and pieces that gradually dilutes their stake which is what they’re doing. We need to get self sustainable and wait for one of those years where we end up with a decent chance of going up because we find a young gem or two, or have a bit of luck, or find a decent manager.

Thank you

Neath_Jack said:
Thanks for reminding me, just checked and I can confirm I am still not bothered one tiny bit by this complete nothing of a story.

Remind me again tomorrow and I'll check again for you if you want.

Are you ready to take the time to once again to read posts on this non-story thread and tell everyone how little you care about it?

Londonlisa2001 said:
I don’t imagine he has much expertise to be honest.

But I suspect that what this really boils down to is that Wrexham have loads of publicity because one of the biggest movie stars in the world owns them and you’re miffed that a B list movie star who has a tiny stake in us via an arms-length investment vehicle doesn’t talk about us all the time. Not that it would have any practical effect but we would be mentioned by a ‘famous person’ which some people seem to get incredibly excited about for reasons unknown.

If Julia Roberts buys us and spends several Saturdays every year sitting in the West Stand wearing a Swans shirt and talking about her love of Low Cost Vans it would be something to get excited about, until then I’m not going to care much about it.

This lot are dreadful owners, not because they don’t throw money at us, but because they are utterly apathetic, have been unable after 5 seasons to get our house in order financially and appear to have absolutely no idea what they are doing, on or off the pitch. Someone in any way connected with them bleating about how much they love us would, to be honest, get me far more annoyed than them never mentioning us.

That's a pretty long way round of saying that you agree with what I've said all along - that we have disinterested owners, amply embodied by this character who'd prefer to latch himself onto a club he doesn't have an ownership stake in because they're currently fashionable, than the one he is actually financially linked to (albeit via a small stake).

Chief said:
Are you ready to take the time to once again to read posts on this non-story thread and tell everyone how little you care about it?

Certainly Chief, anything for you.

Okay, had another think and I'm definitely still not interested in this complete and utter non-story.

Neath_Jack said:
Certainly Chief, anything for you.

Okay, had another think and I'm definitely still not interested in this complete and utter non-story.

I'm sure everyone is extremely grateful that you took time out of your day to let everyone know. Invaluable contribution.

Chief said:
I'm sure everyone is extremely grateful that you took time out of your day to let everyone know. Invaluable contribution.

You posted towards me Chief, did you forget that? I’m a polite person so just replied in kind. My post is as valuable as yours.

Neath_Jack said:
You posted towards me Chief, did you forget that? I’m a polite person so just replied in kind. My post is as valuable as yours.

Yes my post regarding actual events relating to the club is as valuable and insightful as you posting that you don't care. Of course it is. :roll:

Chief said:
Yes my post regarding actual events relating to the club is as valuable and insightful as you posting that you don't care. Of course it is. :roll:

Talking of which, it's about time you reinforced that fact.

Chief said:

Your actual events are non events that have zero bearing on the club, see how they are the same thing now?

Chief said:
Talking of which, it's about time you reinforced that fact.

I've taken a good few days to think things over, and I've stubbornly come to the conclusion that i was correct in the first instance, and I definitely still don't care about the non story.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back