• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Jerry Yates

You can be a striker who scores lots of goals but doesn’t get involved in the build up, that’s fine. You can also be a striker who doesn’t score a lot of goals but works well as a foil for the team, bringing others into play and creating chances for them. Yates manages to do neither of them which is quite impressive in its own way. Would much rather we tried Lowe up front for the last few games rather than having him stuck out on the wing.
Even more annoyingly with Yates is that he flirts with being the first type of player. He clearly knows where to move, regularly gets half chances and positions himself well, but absolutely cannot finish for toffee. So many times this season I've thought 'Yates did well to reach that', but he'll do absolutely nothing with it. Immensely frustrating player

Even more annoyingly with Yates is that he flirts with being the first type of player. He clearly knows where to move, regularly gets half chances and positions himself well, but absolutely cannot finish for toffee. So many times this season I've thought 'Yates did well to reach that', but he'll do absolutely nothing with it. Immensely frustrating player
I’m not convinced by that… numerous times I’ve seen lovely balls played to the back post that he just hasn’t gambled on like a instinctive striker (which Cullen is actually very good at)

The most terrifying thing of all is imagine how bad Big Myk must be that he can't even make matchday squads ahead of Yates. It doesn't bear thinking about.

The most terrifying thing of all is imagine how bad Big Myk must be that he can't even make matchday squads ahead of Yates. It doesn't bear thinking about.
Even crazier that we still don't include him because of his injuries yet he played for his country less than fortnight ago

I hope the McBurnie talk is legit and somehow we manage to bring him back, but watching the highlights of Sheffields recent game he was linking up play brilliant just how he was down here, great player and he brings some passion to the team.

I hope we don’t go all out for Langstaff in the summer and waste a big chunk of our budget on him.

I hope the McBurnie talk is legit and somehow we manage to bring him back, but watching the highlights of Sheffields recent game he was linking up play brilliant just how he was down here, great player and he brings some passion to the team.

I hope we don’t go all out for Langstaff in the summer and waste a big chunk of our budget on him.
I don't think he's done anything there since Luke left. For the money he'd cost we could find far better.

Put the fee into wages for McB

People blame the stats with Yates but I can't for the life of me find any stats that would have recommended him.
Could it be as simple as our broken scouting department seeing a player who scored 14 Championship goals last season for a relegated team who was available at what they deemed a reasonable price?

Could it be as simple as our broken scouting department seeing a player who scored 14 Championship goals last season for a relegated team who was available at what they deemed a reasonable price?
He's clearly void of all confidence which probably has something to do with the way we play as if he's a six foot plus target man.

Might see a completely different player if we swapped to a 442 formation.

Completely agree - Fulton is definitely in that camp and proved exactly why today - stood around in the main but pointed alot

Nathan Wood is another one - not maybe quite dreadful but hugely overrated

Likes to puta foot on the ball alot too
Nathan Wood needs to be sat down and shown a few videos of Ashley Williams in his prime, carrying the ball out of defence with purpose and speed. None of this slow pedestrian almost standstill football that he plays, until an opposing forward approaches him and then he does a twirl and passes back to Rushworth. It's bloody nonsense.

Completely agree - Fulton is definitely in that camp and proved exactly why today - stood around in the main but pointed alot

Nathan Wood is another one - not maybe quite dreadful but hugely overrated

Likes to puta foot on the ball alot too
Can't believe we allegedly turned down a huge offer for Wood in the summer.

Every man and his dog knows what he's going to do with the ball. Take it control it, put his foot on top of the ball. Looks left, looks right and then passes it back to the keeper.

It would drive me insane playing in the same side as him.

I know he goes in the away end and is always complimentary about the club but we should leave McBurnie well alone. His career has stalled since leaving us and trouble seems to follow him around. There is also the issue of his occasional "sick days" two or three times a season....

Still think getting £20m for him is possibly the greatest bit of selling business we've ever done.

I know he goes in the away end and is always complimentary about the club but we should leave McBurnie well alone. His career has stalled since leaving us and trouble seems to follow him around. There is also the issue of his occasional "sick days" two or three times a season....

Still think getting £20m for him is possibly the greatest bit of selling business we've ever done.
Massive Rangers fan so another reason to leave well alone 😂👍

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back