• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Jerry Yates

cmajack

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me what he offers the team. There were several posts here last season about Piroe drifting in and out of games and going missing in games. Well this guy offers virtually nothing in most games, if you take away his 3 or 4 tap ins he offers nothing else. He's our main man up front but doesn't shoot, he wins very little In the air and most weeks struggles to hold the ball up. Give me Piroe or Obafemi any day of the week over this guy.

Certainly Piroe and maybe Obafemi if his head was on right, but neither are here, so not really an option?

He’s the one area we could really do improving on in January… across the rest of the park I’m pretty happy with what we’ve got.

Fuk me lose to a Premier league standard team in the Championship, after winning 4 from 4 and the knifes come out, give over ffs the lot of you ...

Swanjaxs said:
Fuk me lose to a Premier league standard team in the Championship, after winning 4 from 4 and the knifes come out, give over ffs the lot of you ...
It's nothing to do with todays defeat to Leicester, I'm referring to his time in general at the club.

cmajack said:
It's nothing to do with todays defeat to Leicester, I'm referring to his time in general at the club.

He's no Piroe, his work ethic is 100% better than Obafanni, he's chipping in with a few goals and we paid out a fraction of the transfer fee we had from Leeds.
This is where we are at.
BTW, how's Obafanni doing these days?

Magic_Michu said:
He’s the one area we could really do improving on in January… across the rest of the park I’m pretty happy with what we’ve got.

With Ginnelly out for the season we desperately need a right sided attacker because Cullen isn’t the answer.

With the injuries we’ve sustained I think we did very well to compete the way we did yesterday. Yates was on a hiding to nothing with Leicester’s stronger and more physical players but he’s scored a few already and will score 20 goals this season. Saying that I’d love to see Cullen rested on Tuesday and give Kukharevych a start.

J_B said:
With Ginnelly out for the season we desperately need a right sided attacker because Cullen isn’t the answer.

Cullen is a honest hard working pro, but sadly that's about it, not sure what to make of Yates he just doesn't seem to be consistent enough, if he could improve on that he'd be an asset, he's a work in progress I suppose.

Dillwyn the Dog said:
With the injuries we’ve sustained I think we did very well to compete the way we did yesterday. Yates was on a hiding to nothing with Leicester’s stronger and more physical players but he’s scored a few already and will score 20 goals this season. Saying that I’d love to see Cullen rested on Tuesday and give Kukharevych a start.

I think Duff maybe considers Kukharevych to still be a bit raw, he's see's him more than we do so maybe that's the case, think he said a little while ago that he's gonna take some time to get up to speed.

Niigata Jack said:
Cullen is a honest hard working pro, but sadly that's about it, not sure what to make of Yates he just doesn't seem to be consistent enough, if he could improve on that he'd be an asset, he's a work in progress I suppose.
Yates probably would have scored 3 if he had been playing for them yesterday, with the amount of balls flashing across the face of our goal.

cmajack said:
Yates probably would have scored 3 if he had been playing for them yesterday, with the amount of balls flashing across the face of our goal.

This post totally contradicts your opening post, but I get your point.

Swanjaxs said:
This post totally contradicts your opening post, but I get your point.

Not really, just think he's at his best in around the 6 yard box, but as i said originally he doesn't shoot outside of that area or win many headers and a lot of the time he's not great at holding the ball up. That's exactly what i said in my original post. His goals are coming from tap ins. Outside of the 6 yard box he offers nothing. Will keep an eye on his performance again on Tuesday.

cmajack said:
Not really, just think he's at his best in around the 6 yard box, but as i said originally he doesn't shoot outside of that area or win many headers and a lot of the time he's not great at holding the ball up. That's exactly what i said in my original post. His goals are coming from tap ins. Outside of the 6 yard box he offers nothing. Will keep an eye on his performance again on Tuesday.

Goals inside the six yard box count the same as 30 yards out in my book.
He's decent at our level and I'd have him in my side every time ahead of Michael Obafemi...

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back