• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Jay Da Silva called up by Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Magic_Michu

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
Not a fan of this at all personally…

https://x.com/cymru/status/1723747487624622444?s=46&t=jqMxYrpUKeKh3M4nq1wvPQ

He and his brothers have been on the Wales radar for years. He'd always turned down callups before afaik, but Cole played in the youth sides.

Neath_Jack said:
Never heard of him, but what ain't you a fan of?

The fact he played all age groups for England, didn’t make the cut and adopts Wales.

Magic_Michu said:
The fact he played all age groups for England, didn’t make the cut and adopts Wales.

He's not the first and won't be the last, he scores to get us into the Euros and he'll be more Welsh than Max Boyce 👍

Also his farther is Brazilian and his mother Welsh so is more qualified to play for us than some down the years...

Magic_Michu said:

Not making the cut then deciding on playing for us is surely applicable to all the English born players we've had or currently got? A lot or most of them I'd guess only chose us because they knew they wouldn't get a sniff with England. Only difference is that this chap has played for England right through?

Neath_Jack said:
Not making the cut then deciding on playing for us is surely applicable to all the English born players we've had or currently got? A lot or most of them I'd guess only chose us because they knew they wouldn't get a sniff with England. Only difference is that this chap has played for England right through?

If these lads can improve us and help us get to where we want to be, all well and good, the rest is in the past.

Darran said:
Like the Welsh rugger team? lol

Yeah. Like the Irish, Scottish, England, Japan and Italy teams, excuse me if I left anyone out lol

Neath_Jack said:

Not at all. Some of them never wanted to get involved with the England setup. Some gave it a brief try and chose to focus on Wales while they were still in age groups with the world at their feet. DJ, Ampadu, Brooks, Jordan James. Charlie Crew was approached by England in the last few months but has decided he's Welsh (born in Cardiff to be fair, just England-qualified).

Luke Harris was given the choice as well. Jersey-born so could play for anyone.

I hope he is successful for us, because we're not blessed with a deep pool of international quality players and can't afford to be sniffy.

Additionally, players like this turning out for Wales tends to really wind up a certain type of English football fan. The type that's infuriated by Welsh clubs playing in the English system. So that's a bonus.

The lad was brought up in England and worked his way up through the English system, he has a Brazilian farther and his mother is Welsh, as far as I can see he has little or no link to English heritage other than living most of his life there.
What's the problem...

jasper_T said:
Not at all. Some of them never wanted to get involved with the England setup. Some gave it a brief try and chose to focus on Wales while they were still in age groups with the world at their feet. DJ, Ampadu, Brooks, Jordan James. Charlie Crew was approached by England in the last few months but has decided he's Welsh (born in Cardiff to be fair, just England-qualified).

Luke Harris was given the choice as well. Jersey-born so could play for anyone.

Yeah I did say a lot or most of them 👍🏻

Neath_Jack said:
Yeah I did say a lot or most of them 👍🏻

I don't think there's a lot like that. Mepham, Ampadu, Huggins, James, Morrell, Brooks, James, Johnson and Moore the England-born from the current 23. Only 1 of those didn't play any age grade football for us, almost all earlier than u21s. Ampadu, Brooks, Johnson and Jordan James all had invites to England camps when they chose to commit to Wales.

The perception that we're the second choice nation for players with grandparents who holidayed in Rhyl whose England dream has ended isn't really based in reality. It's mostly pushy Welsh parents forcing this lot into a red shirt when they were still kids. Jay Da Silva is an odd one out for having turned down youth callups and later joining the senior setup. Even Paul Dummett did it the other way around, playing some u21s and deciding he wasn't Welsh down the line.

edit: Bradshaw born in England as well, apparently, but he grew up in Aberystwyth and played youth football.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back