• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Guilty musical pleasures

• Thread starter Ebo
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 30
  • Views: Views 1,280
Darran said:
Niigata Jack said:
I've always imagined Lohengrin as a Jack Hargreaves type of chap, very earthy and horticultural, or probably more like Brain Plummer, but your description reminds me of Boycey from the sit com The Green Green Grass. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I saw him in his jeep a couple of days ago,I think he thought he was Rommel. :lol:

I bet he's got a Machine Gun Turret in the back amongst his terriers :lol:

Best_loser said:

A long time ago I played in a covers band and we covered Hold the line and Africa. Our singer who was also our drummer used to drop in the line "I bless the rains down in Lynx Africa". We hated playing it so we dropped it and put Blowing Free by wishbone Ash and Little Devil by the Cult instead. Good choices IMHO

Ebo said:
Dr. Winston said:
No such thing as a guilty music pleasure. Except if you still enjoy Gary Glitter records maybe.

or the music of...Showaddywaddy

They’re playing The Lyric in Carmarthen in a few weeks. Not my cup for tea, but a decent night out for those of a certain age.

MajorR said:
Ebo said:
or the music of...Showaddywaddy

They’re playing The Lyric in Carmarthen in a few weeks. Not my cup for tea, but a decent night out for those of a certain age.

I’ve seen them live a few times. It’s an excellent night out.

Got a bit of a thing for all the James Bond themes esp the Nancy Sinatra one

What a voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs8uYxTJ530

Epaul said:
Got a bit of a thing for all the James Bond themes esp the Nancy Sinatra one

What a voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs8uYxTJ530

John Barry was a genius

Live and Let Die is the ultimate Bond soundtrack , View to a Kill by Duran Duran was good too .

Sam Smiths theme in Spectre was not for me , many will disagree with that thought .

Robbie said:
Live and Let Die is the ultimate Bond soundtrack , View to a Kill by Duran Duran was good too .

Sam Smiths theme in Spectre was not for me , many will disagree with that thought .

Who was the Bond Girl in Live and Let Die?

Darran said:
Robbie said:

Who was the Bond Girl in Live and Let Die?

Had to Google the answer , Jane Seymour .

Cooperman said:
Robbie said:
Had to Google the answer , Jane Seymour .

Flippin ‘eck Robbie lad, don’t egg him on.

So I assume is I was done like a kipper leading up to that point .

Oh well . no harm done . Still think Live and Let Die is the best Bond score .

My go to whenever the order of the day is extremely loud over enthusiastic singing in the pub. It’s Elton John, I’m sorry!

Not a guilty pleasure but probably the most beautiful piece of music I have ever heard. You have probably heard this and it is so relaxing, calm and just full of the feels. Frederich Chopin = hero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clNLCPRUbjE

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back