• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Grimes

Reaction score
Saw a stat on WalesOnline in the Swans player ratings from yesterday that Grimes has now played every minute in the last 60 league games!

For one thing, that shows impressive stamina and resistance to injury. It also made me wonder if there was any player in our history where managers and fans disagreed more about their importance? It seems every game there are fans crying out for a starting 11 without Grimes, but he's now been an ever present choice for 3 successive managers.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport...onderful-swansea-city-player-ratings-25154510

That's a lot of passing sideways and backward. Any stats for how many goals and assists he has in those 60 games?

old cob said:
That's a lot of passing sideways and backward. Any stats for how many goals and assists he has in those 60 games?

Not many I would imagine. Then Leon's stats wouldn't be dissimilar, yet nobody queried his place in the team.

I'm not championing Grimes by the way, he's a frustrating player at times. I'm more fascinated by the hugely different view we fans have of him compared to our last 3 managers (2 of whom are now managing in the PL for whatever that is worth).

I suspect modern coaches put more stock in statistical analysis than us lot. If you're looking at the figures then Grimes probably ticks most boxes for a holding midfielder. It's one of the more annoying/disappointing aspects of the game these days.

Dr. Winston said:
I suspect modern coaches put more stock in statistical analysis than us lot. If you're looking at the figures then Grimes probably ticks most boxes for a holding midfielder. It's one of the more annoying/disappointing aspects of the game these days.

Especially when it gives the opposing team the opportunity to regroup.

JackSomething said:
old cob said:

Not many I would imagine. Then Leon's stats wouldn't be dissimilar, yet nobody queried his place in the team.

I'm not championing Grimes by the way, he's a frustrating player at times. I'm more fascinated by the hugely different view we fans have of him compared to our last 3 managers (2 of whom are now managing in the PL for whatever that is worth).

It should probably be noted that neither of those managers appear to have shown the slightest interest in offering Grimes the opportunity to join them in the Prem.

NeathJack said:
JackSomething said:

It should probably be noted that neither of those managers appear to have shown the slightest interest in offering Grimes the opportunity to join them in the Prem.

BOOM

That’s a very impressive record.

He’s playing well lately and he plays even better when Joe Allen is in the side.

NeathJack said:
JackSomething said:

:lol: Fair point.

Though I suppose there's a difference between playing him constantly for a club that doesn't have a pot to piss in and signing him for a PL club with far more options available to them. I'm sure Forest at least considered adding him to their 327 summer signings...

One of the best defensive midfielders in the league, an ever present with Potter, who manages one of the biggest clubs in England, and Cooper who has shown he knows how to get promotion out of this league.

One of our highest paid players since his contract renewal by all accounts to see off the interest from Fulham, worth every penny.

Risc said:
One of the best defensive midfielders in the league, an ever present with Potter, who manages one of the biggest clubs in England, and Cooper who has shown he knows how to get promotion out of this league.

One of our highest paid players since his contract renewal by all accounts to see off the interest from Fulham, worth every penny.

Risc showing his clear lack of footballing insight as per, not a clue.. Grimes is a big problem and a big reason we won't get out of this league unless it's down, Grimes is our weirdest love in I just can't understand, from all corners.. but it's the depths we've fallen that Grimes and his average output and lack of footballing ability is being hailed as some sort of footballing god, we've had about 20 midfielders in the last 15 years who were miles better.. Gower and Orlandi had their faults but were 100 times more effective, but the standards that we've sunk, he's made captain, a 32 year old Allen is outperforming him FFS and he's got a niggle.. can't wait until we get rid.. he's a problem no doubt about it

I'd like to see 5 games without Grimes in the team. For my mind, he's neat and tidy, but slows our play down terribly. I'm all for having a water carrier in the side, but would prefer one who was more dynamic. Maybe I'm wrong, but the only way to know is if he didn't play for a bit.

Skippyjack said:
Risc said:

Risc showing his clear lack of footballing insight as per, not a clue.. Grimes is a big problem and a big reason we won't get out of this league unless it's down, Grimes is our weirdest love in I just can't understand, from all corners.. but it's the depths we've fallen that Grimes and his average output and lack of footballing ability is being hailed as some sort of footballing god, we've had about 20 midfielders in the last 15 years who were miles better.. Gower and Orlandi had their faults but were 100 times more effective, but the standards that we've sunk, he's made captain, a 32 year old Allen is outperforming him FFS and he's got a niggle.. can't wait until we get rid.. he's a problem no doubt about it

Lol. Yeah Skippy, whoever you are, more clued up than Potter, Cooper and Martin.

Not very bright at all unfortunately butty.

Risc said:
Skippyjack said:

Lol. Yeah Skippy, whoever you are, more clued up than Potter, Cooper and Martin.

Well, considering Grimes has been clogging our midfield for years and we've achieved nothing, my opinion is a valid one.. he's a problem stinking our club out with averageness.. his stats are great though I give him that

Not very bright? Not a clue

Skippyjack said:
Risc said:

Well, considering Grimes has been clogging our midfield for years and we've achieved nothing, my opinion is a valid one.. he's a problem stinking our club out with averageness.. his stats are great though I give him that

Not very bright? Not a clue

Achieved nothing? Two play offs, one of those a final. FA Cup run when the club looked to be heading one direction.

Stinking out our club but three managers in a row disagree, I can guarantee you all three, plus the players who have played with him over the seasons would tell you you’re talking absolute rubbish and you should stick to playing FIFA or something like that. Should take the advice.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back