• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Free public transport

Pegojack

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
I'm in the UK at the moment and, having flown in, am using public transport to get around.
We were in Hereford for the first few days and decided to try bus rather than train yesterday to get down to Swansea.
I was gobsmacked to find that the fare for the first leg from Hereford to Brecon was only £2 each. Nice ride too, up the Golden Valley through Hay on Wye.
I was even more gobsmacked to get on the Swansea connection at Brecon to be told " no fare, mate, the company is doing this route free for two weeks to encourage new customers".
So there you go, if you have time on your hands and fancy a free or cheap trip out, get on the bus.

Pegojack said:
I'm in the UK at the moment and, having flown in, am using public transport to get around.
We were in Hereford for the first few days and decided to try bus rather than train yesterday to get down to Swansea.
I was gobsmacked to find that the fare for the first leg from Hereford to Brecon was only £2 each. Nice ride too, up the Golden Valley through Hay on Wye.
I was even more gobsmacked to get on the Swansea connection at Brecon to be told " no fare, mate, the company is doing this route free for two weeks to encourage new customers".
So there you go, if you have time on your hands and fancy a free or cheap trip out, get on the bus.

Haven't you got a Bus pass Pego?

exiledclaseboy said:
:lol: The sunlit Spanish uplands where everything is perfect :lol:

Not as perfect as the Swansea Uplands though where you can get a KFC, Burger King and a Builders Load in the Uplands Diner on tap...

Swanjaxs said:
Not as perfect as the Swansea Uplands though where you can get a KFC, Burger King and a Builders Load in the Uplands Diner on tap...

You forgot the Costa coffee FFS

It's a most surreal and unexpected experience to get on a Swansea bus with money ready in hand to be told by the bus driver that its 'free' for the day courtesy of Swansea City Council. This happened to me a few weeks back! I kid you not. Not a permanent thing btw.

Niigata Jack said:
Aye, but you are still a British subject and receive a pension ?

Correct, but I imagine I am not entirled to a bus pass, not being a resident of the UK or having a UK address. You tell me.

Pegojack said:
Correct, but I imagine I am not entirled to a bus pass, not being a resident of the UK or having a UK address. You tell me.

See, you should never have moved you could have had a bus pass then, you're missing out mun :D

Pegojack said:

What is the situation with the state pension. We are considering becoming residents in the future but somebody said that we would no longer get the uk state pension?

jack_lord said:
What is the situation with the state pension. We are considering becoming residents in the future but somebody said that we would no longer get the uk state pension?

Apparently the rules have changed since Brexit came in, you're only allowed to stay in a European Country for 90 days a year now, a customer was telling me as they had planned to go to live in Italy.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back