• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Folks knocking on a bit.

Pegojack

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
My mother, who has just turned ninety herself and comes from Port Talbot, will sometimes refer slightly desparagingly to people of well advanced years, particularly people who may have been celebrities in the world of show business for example, as being "too old to say bread".

I was just wondering if anyone else has ever heard this phrase? Is it peculiar to Port Talbot, or South Wales, or what?

Pegojack said:
My mother, who has just turned ninety herself and comes from Port Talbot, will sometimes refer slightly desparagingly to people of well advanced years, particularly people who may have been celebrities in the world of show business for example, as being "too old to say bread".

I was just wondering if anyone else has ever heard this phrase? Is it peculiar to Port Talbot, or South Wales, or what?

"Couldn't say bread" was a way of saying pissed out of one's skull when I was young.

monmouth said:
"Couldn't say bread" was a way of saying pissed out of one's skull when I was young.

Yeah, or demented.

monmouth said:

Yup same here. And you’re way older than me.

monmouth said:

That's what I remember as well, there's a few terms attached to someone who's pissed, Khalid, pissed as a fart, drunk as skunk pissed as a rat, brahms and liszt, rat arsed etc :lol:

Yep , remember that saying from back in the day .

Never understood pissed as a fart though , how can that make sense .

After a few to many flagons of Woodpecker , Strongbow and bottles of Barley Wine , my mother would use so much language at the state I was in , words failed me .

Good days though , experimented with booze , then went home tail between the legs , uproar followed by my parents .

As kids we knew we were being naughty , no fights , vandalism followed , our parents seen to that .

Robbie said:
Yep , remember that saying from back in the day .

Never understood pissed as a fart though , how can that make sense .

After a few to many flagons of Woodpecker , Strongbow and bottles of Barley Wine , my mother would use so much language at the state I was in , words failed me .

Good days though , experimented with booze , then went home tail between the legs , uproar followed by my parents .

As kids we knew we were being naughty , no fights , vandalism followed , our parents seen to that .
[/quote

"]Never understood pissed as a fart though , how can that make sense "

It doesn't now that you've mentioned it, but it is said and has been said. :lol:

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back