• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

FAO Winston-Swansea City Centre

Professor

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
There is a very negative thread on the other forum. I was in Swansea on Wednesday and encouraged by the Copr Bay redevelopment. I paid £2 to park- that would have been £5 in Chester or Liverpool. Chester centre is almost as run down as Swansea (despite greater wealth) with few shops of note-though lots of eateries. As you have said before the small city/large town for shopping has been largely superseded by online or destination cities such as B'ham, Manchester, Liverpool and Cardiff. Even places like Bath and Chester have suffered.

I really could see a way forward for Swansea. The Quadrant is no longer needed. It should go, and look at a more 'street mall' structure like the excellent Liverpool One which is as much leisure as retail. The days of an anchor tenant department store are gone-unless you already have a John Lewis you ain't getting one now- the Chester out of town one has gone. What Swansea has is a world class market, a marina and a good beach. An open plan space which rolls into existing shopping streets and a smaller retail footprint could work. Shame Tesco is there really. It just needs re-invention as a place to go for the day or weekend.

I'm not replying there as I have a self-imposed ban

I'm not looking on the cesspit, but I'm guessing it was either started or is being heavily contributed to by a self-hating and bitter OAP. I remember the old days when he'd make a trip 'home' and deliberately only go to the areas that have always been rough and ignore anywhere where there'd been extensive development, so he could promote his nonsense. He never liked it when I'd post a long list of all the investment he neglected to mention, the utter melt that he is.

Swansea is clearly trying to adapt to a world where physical retail is dying and take advantage of the beauty of the location instead. It's going to take time and a lot of money unfortunately. The location of the Quadrant and Tesco don't help unfortunately, as you've pointed out. Hopefully the Civic Centre will go at some point and whatever replaces it will be more tourist-friendly, giving us a great run from there to the LC2 of attractions on the waterfront.

JackSomething said:
I'm not looking on the cesspit, but I'm guessing it was either started or is being heavily contributed to by a self-hating and bitter OAP. I remember the old days when he'd make a trip 'home' and deliberately only go to the areas that have always been rough and ignore anywhere where there'd been extensive development, so he could promote his nonsense. He never liked it when I'd post a long list of all the investment he neglected to mention, the utter melt that he is.

Swansea is clearly trying to adapt to a world where physical retail is dying and take advantage of the beauty of the location instead. It's going to take time and a lot of money unfortunately. The location of the Quadrant and Tesco don't help unfortunately, as you've pointed out. Hopefully the Civic Centre will go at some point and whatever replaces it will be more tourist-friendly, giving us a great run from there to the LC2 of attractions on the waterfront.

Not a specific pop at anyone as there was a pile on of negativity to blame the usual. The fact is the situation is the same throughout most of England and Wales. There are exceptions. Around here Birkenhead and Ellesmere Port make Swansea look like Vegas. My daughter is studying in Keele and both Newcastle UL and Hanley (the major areas that make up the Potteries) are no better. They also lack Swansea’s waterfront advantages.

In reply to both of you, why don’t you email or what’s app me on 0034 662260206 and qualify your remarks or just report them if you find it offensive. Running around on here with an odd agenda is weird, and very suspect.

Face up. We are adults yes ?

Professor said:
JackSomething said:

Not a specific pop at anyone as there was a pile on of negativity to blame the usual. The fact is the situation is the same throughout most of England and Wales. There are exceptions. Around here Birkenhead and Ellesmere Port make Swansea look like Vegas. My daughter is studying in Keele and both Newcastle UL and Hanley (the major areas that make up the Potteries) are no better. They also lack Swansea’s waterfront advantages.

I don’t see any neo fascist content, but when you do let me know.

Keith H said:
In reply to both of you, why don’t you email or what’s app me on 0034 662260206 and qualify your remarks or just report them if you find it offensive. Running around on here with an odd agenda is weird, and very suspect.

Are you the owner of the other site?

I’m surprised you don’t know that but yes. The disgusting comments that were removed today regards a website which has one sole mission and that’s to raise money for a charity are pathetic and cowardly. However, there are a few people on here who continuously make Phil’s life hell citing this bullshit. I’ve been trying for nearly two years to find some middle ground but it doesn’t work. I’ve just spoken to Phil.

If people want to carry on their insults and destroy the productivity of Swansea Independent and this website with antagonistic posts, then crack on. I’ve given up as has Phil.

Keith H said:
I’m surprised you don’t know that but yes.

Then why does what’s happening on this site concern you?

AceJack said:
Keith H said:
I’m surprised you don’t know that but yes.

I’ve edited my post above, if. you can’t see the issues between the constant crap that comes out of people from behind keyboards on here then I’m wasting my time.

Keith H said:
AceJack said:

I’ve edited my post above, if. you can’t see the issues between the constant crap that comes out of people from behind keyboards on here then I’m wasting my time.

I’m not aware of the posts you’re referring to and I don’t support people discouraging others from donating to worthy charities. I will say you lost a lot of good will when your site became a consequence free zone for trolls and fascists.

Can you give me an example of one post that could be described as you say ?
We got rid of the trolls, they are on here otherwise we wouldn’t be speaking. This thread before it was edited stated just that without any evidence. And now for you to say that is equally as pathetic, where is your proof because apparently YOU don’t know what I’m referring to. It’s either one thing or the other ? Make your mind up. It’s unfounded.

Keith H said:

With respect Keith, I have no agenda other than to balance an unfairly negative thread about Swansea as city. I addressed this to Winston as I consider him someone who has balanced view and posts across both sites. But equally Swansea Independent has, at times, been allowed to be a conduit of material from what would be considered far-right commentators and conspiracy theorists including Alex Jones, Alex Berenson et al.
A number of posts are in my opinion homophobic and misogynistic. Now there is a place for debate on areas such as trans athletes in sport. But far too frequently there are posts which would be a sackable offence in most workplaces if used in an email. Now this is my opinion. Everyones will differ and there is plenty of scope for fair debate. For me this does not happen on your site and is the reason I asked my account to be deleted by Fans Network. I wish you well and support the reasons you run the site. But genuinely if someone form another club read some of those comments......

I'll leave it there and will make no other comment or post around this. This is my rationale for posting and comments. You may disagree and that is perfectly fine. But please, there is no agenda against your site or specific individuals. Life is too short and time too precious.

Keith H said:
We got rid of the trolls, they are on here otherwise we wouldn’t be speaking. This thread before it was edited stated just that without any evidence. And now for you to say that is equally as pathetic, where is your proof because apparently YOU don’t know what I’m referring to. It’s either one thing or the other ? Make your mind up. It’s unfounded.

Can I ask you a serious question Keith?
Why don’t you ban people that make vile abhorrent posts?

I will add your negative posts on here before Phil gave you some degree of responsibility were equally as provocative, so there’s little more to say. You carry on making your wild and ridiculous suggestions and let’s hope everyone’s social media connections away from here do not connect them with the very thing you accuse others of. It’s a two way street. And as I have said both Phil and I have given up trying to address a few people on each site undermining the site owners. And showing no respect for the hard work that continues to be done. The very fact you just want to argue without trying to seek some resolutions is enough for me to log out.

Bon voyage. Enjoy. But I will tell you this none of you are mates of Phil Sumbler, or you wouldn’t kick these things off in the first place.

It’s cowardice, you have my what’s app number. And I’m open to any discussions in any forum you like,

Darran said:
Keith H said:

Can I ask you a serious question Keith?
Why don’t you ban people that make vile abhorrent posts?

We do that’s why you are banned along with numerous others. The shit always starts on here, your ability to not be able to debate is evident from the huge amount of posts you make about Swansea Independent. It’s obsessive but as I said, I’m out. I’m done. I’ve given up as has Phil.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back