• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Everton and Nottingham Forest charged with breaching financial rules.

Everton will do well to survive two sanctions in one season.

Everton will do well to survive two sanctions in one season.
I’m betting the PL will cave on appeal in their usual supine way to money men and Evo get the whole points deduction reversed. Forest should be nailed to the cross for their pathetic excuse. After all that ridiculous splurge on players they are trying to blame a timing issue because they wanted to maximise the Johnson fee. It’s so stupid it will no doubt be accepted. Everton’s does seem a little unfair, as it’s the same offence spread over two periods. Be funny if they got a 20 pointer confirmed mind.

I’m betting the PL will cave on appeal in their usual supine way to money men and Evo get the whole points deduction reversed. Forest should be nailed to the cross for their pathetic excuse. After all that ridiculous splurge on players they are trying to blame a timing issue because they wanted to maximise the Johnson fee. It’s so stupid it will no doubt be accepted. Everton’s does seem a little unfair, as it’s the same offence spread over two periods. Be funny if they got a 20 pointer confirmed mind.
I think the Everton double hit comes as a result of rule changes. Under the old scheme punishment was handed out the season after conviction. This is the first season where conviction and punishment happens at same time.

But Man City are playing by the rules aye 🤣

They'll just keep challenging and muddying the waters like they've done up until now.

I live in liverpool. Got a lot of respect for evertonians. Married one !

Survival, avoid drop, get into Bramley Moore stadium - they'd take that now, bite your hand off

Forest docked 4 points.
I mean it takes a special brand of “special” to sign so many players in the summer that you couldn’t register them all.

Reminds me of when Blackpool went up and bought Dobbie from us but couldn’t register him as they had reached their squad cap

I mean it takes a special brand of “special” to sign so many players in the summer that you couldn’t register them all.

Reminds me of when Blackpool went up and bought Dobbie from us but couldn’t register him as they had reached their squad cap
Well yes, only hope Man City are dealt a similar blow, or are they a special case.🤔

I'd have much more respect for the authorities on this issue if it wasn't for the fact they appear to be bullying the comparatively smaller clubs, but have taken several years and still not done anything about Manchester City's 115 separate charges.

Something about it just stinks. Either apply your rules to everyone or don't bother having them at all.

I'd have much more respect for the authorities on this issue if it wasn't for the fact they appear to be bullying the comparatively smaller clubs, but have taken several years and still not done anything about Manchester City's 115 separate charges.

Something about it just stinks. Either apply your rules to everyone or don't bother having them at all.
Exactly this.

In total agreement about Man City, but can't blame the authorities on that one. Both Forest and Everton fessed up to their breaches, while City claim they've done nothing wrong. Investigating that takes a lot longer, especially knowing that their owners will have an army of high priced legal experts looking for any flaw in a case made against them.

As has been spoken about in detail online - The Guardian and Athletic have both done long reads on the situation - City's case is far, far more complex than the other two. The metaphor I read was 'Everton and Forest have been caught stealing a tv; City have been caught with a TV in their house and no receipt to prove their purchase'.

There's no way City will be let off of all those charges, as it's become too volatile following Everton and Forest's deductions, but it isn't going to be settled anytime soon. Supposedly a date of July 2025 just for them to be heard in court

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back