• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

EFL postponements

JustJack

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
8 games postponed in L1 and 2 in L2 because of 'international call ups', how is that even possible?

Morecambe v Crewe has been postponed due to international call ups :lol: :?

I've always thought that 90% of the Championship teams could get on with games during international breaks

Because international football is awful. Certainly no longer the pinnacle that I enjoyed in the 70s when the teams all had such different styles. 1970-78 world cups were epic in my young mind.

Now not even journeymen. Any old crap can get capped for England now, never mind Wales which always had a problem with numbers.

monmouth said:
Because international football is awful. Certainly no longer the pinnacle that I enjoyed in the 70s when the teams all had such different styles. 1970-78 world cups were epic in my young mind.

Now not even journeymen. Any old crap can get capped for England now, never mind Wales which always had a problem with numbers.

There was a big gulf between the top nations and the also rans in those days but small & medium sized football nations are now much better organised and financed than they ever were and their better players play in top European or South American leagues so are more capable of upsetting the big guns now and then. You only have to look at the increasing involvement of African & Asian nations qualifying for world cup finals and giving a decent account of themselves.

karnataka said:
There was a big gulf between the top nations and the also rans in those days but small & medium sized football nations are now much better organised and financed than they ever were and their better players play in top European or South American leagues so are more capable of upsetting the big guns now and then. You only have to look at the increasing involvement of African & Asian nations qualifying for world cup finals and giving a decent account of themselves.

Right but Crewes squad is mainly English and all I can see in Morecambes squad is a player who represents Granada

Madness

JustJack said:
Right but Crewes squad is mainly English and all I can see in Morecambes squad is a player who represents Granada

Madness

Morecambe have three U21’s on their books, Eli King being one of them. On loan from them up the road. Most of the postponements are driven by young loanees playing U21 international football.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back