• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Do you want RM as manager come August '23?

• Thread starter BLAZE
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 77
  • Views: Views 4,821

Do you want RM as manager come August '23?

• Yes

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • No

Votes: 16 43.2%

• Total voters

BLAZE

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
It seems to me that RM has a strong backing amongst the younger fan base (Reddit and Twitter specifically). Whereas he had almost unanimous opposition on here until very recently. I'm curious if our upturn in form has changed that?

My backing wavered towards the end of our dodgy run, but I'm firmly back in the "Martin IN" camp. What about you?

The problem is that we've seen some little upticks in form before, but they've only ever lasted until Russy feels confident enough to start moving things back to his Plan A. I wish I trusted him enough to not do it again.

I think he's got lots of flaws and I'd like to say 'no', but the Process is the nearest thing we're ever going to get to Swanselona. I'd hate to get saddled with some Route One thug like Warnock, so I'm going to say 'Yes', but if he doesn't show signs of learning from his mistakes by this time next year, he can feck off with my blessing.

We are worth far more than derby wins, sporadic decent performances. Sadly, even tho I think he's desperate to do well here, and he should have been backed xmas time, there is enough in our squad to be in a way better position than we are. I cant forget that dire run of 20 odd games, and neither should the rest of us.

exiledclaseboy said:
Good good no. He will be though.

Yep. No way the board will endorse paying up the final year of his contract, the recent run of form will only strengthen those thoughts I would think.

Like others have said, I hope this recent run is a sign of things to come, not yet another false dawn under Martin.

I will say that it seems like he set up the team specifically to exploit Preston's weaknesses last night, which is a far cry from his previous attitude that playing his system would work against anyone.

Mates of mine were in the Martin out camp from Sept, before we had that purple patch in October.
I was in the Martin in camp, til probably after Stoke home.
I’ve sort of swayed again, I’m just hoping he has some backing in the summer. This championship has been of a poor standard, but there’s going to be some heavy clubs potentially coming down from the prem, and coming up from league 1.

No. We look good when the sun is shining but suck when it rains.

We will go nowhere defending like we do

monmouth said:
Once again we hold identical views. It’s disturbing me.

Everyone agrees with me eventually. Sometimes they don’t realise it.

It's a No from me. Had 2 top strikers last season scoring over 30 goals between them and looks like he will have another 20 goal a season striker this season, but due to our defensive deficiencies it looks as if we will fall short once again this season. And to be honest we don't look anywhere near like solving them either. He's very much like Graham Potter was here, great at times going forward and scoring goals but unable to sort out the basics at the back ,and like Potter will fail to get us in the play offs.

Risc said:
100%

Not convinced he will be though

I'm on the fence about Martin (although marginally more on the side of wanting him gone), so I can see both sides of the argument. Having said that, I'm bemused that anyone would back him 100% based on the mediocrity of the last 2 seasons.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back