• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Diversions

Pegojack

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Now that the Swans are a basket case, which other clubs' results do you look for to cheer you up a bit?
I always look at the main Welsh clubs, of course. Scumdiff (lost today, hooray!), Newport ( hard luck today, boys) and Hollywood United, sorry, Wrexham (good win today, with the massive boost of promotion rivals Notts County losing at home).
I lived in Hereford for 20 years and my mate is a director of the club, so I always have a glance at their result. They are languishing in mid table but had a good away win today.
And my final one is Metz in French League 2. That's because I've made a friend here in Spain, a French guy and football fanatic who supports his hometown club Metz just like I support the Swans. They were relegated from France League 1 last season after just one term in the top flight. He has high hopes of a quick return and they're not doing too bad, currently fourth and with a good home win today.
Come on, let's hear yours.

Only an hour from the mestalla mun, another basket case, home from home

Malaga said:
Only an hour from the mestalla mun, another basket case, home from home

I did go there last season with a few of my mates from the walking football club to see them against Osasuna (lost). It was a good day out, but I don't feel any connection to them. One basket case is enough!

Am now keeping an eye on Millwall. To see such a turgid set of human beings going for the PL and the inevitable carnage that would come with em.

sainthelens said:
Am now keeping an eye on Millwall. To see such a turgid set of human beings going for the PL and the inevitable carnage that would come with em.

My mate is a massive 'waller. He thinks Rowett will shit the bed when push comes to shove.

monmouth said:
My mate is a massive 'waller. He thinks Rowett will s**t the bed when push comes to shove.

Be worth it to see the outcome of games v West Ham and Chelsea.

I’ve actually started following Dorking Wanderers recently, after watching the “Bunch of Amachers” series on YouTube. A fantastic football story of a club who’ve risen from Park football to the National league under owner/manager/chairman Marc White. I’ve even bought myself some DWFC merchandise! Hope they have enough to stay up this season.

Reading, Motherwell, Brighton in the UK.

A few overseas and one amateur league team in Wales.

Also look out for Bristol City who scouted in south wales when they were a big club for a while. Would like to see them rise up again despite the rivalry.

My teams are all birds.

Swans (guff)

Diversions:

Ospreys (turmoil)
Philadelphia Eagles (fell at the final hurdle)

First two obvious, but I lived nr Philly for 2.5 years and went to many games. They have been my only solace this season.

In terms of football diversion, Baggies as my colleague is a season ticket holder and talks all day about them. So follow their scores also

Bari and Bologna as I spend considerable time in both places and catch home games when I can.

Bari are now back in the Italian second division and adjusting well to it. However, for the last few years they were in the third tier and playing home games in front of 3,000 fans and 57,000 empty seats. Their stadium is a stunning piece of architecture which has sadly fallen into a state of disrepair.

Bologna are the equivalent of Crystal Palace in that they rarely figure in the top half of the table, but also manage to avoid significant threat of relegation. The stadium is five mins up the road from work so an easy reach for home games.

Once I stop going there I will also quickly lose interest in the fortunes of the football teams.

Cooperman said:
Bari and Bologna as I spend considerable time in both places and catch home games when I can.

Bari are now back in the Italian second division and adjusting well to it. However, for the last few years they were in the third tier and playing home games in front of 3,000 fans and 57,000 empty seats. Their stadium is a stunning piece of architecture which has sadly fallen into a state of disrepair.

Bologna are the equivalent of Crystal Palace in that they rarely figure in the top half of the table, but also manage to avoid significant threat of relegation. The stadium is five mins up the road from work so an easy reach for home games.

Once I stop going there I will also quickly lose interest in the fortunes of the football teams.

Bologna, what a great city, Coops! Fabulous historical buildings, and nosh to die for. I first went there on business in the early 90s when I was supervising the construction of an exhibition stand for my employers. The lasagna I had in the exhibition hall canteen was out of this world, washed down with fizzy lambrusco. Been on a couple of weekend breaks since. If you don't know Il Veliero pizza restaurant on Via Milazzo, try it. Absolutely fabulous and not expensive. They're usually queuing out the door, though.

Pegojack said:
Bologna, what a great city, Coops! Fabulous historical buildings, and nosh to die for. I first went there on business in the early 90s when I was supervising the construction of an exhibition stand for my employers. The lasagna I had in the exhibition hall canteen was out of this world, washed down with fizzy lambrusco. Been on a couple of weekend breaks since. If you don't know Il Veliero pizza restaurant on Via Milazzo, try it. Absolutely fabulous and not expensive. They're usually queuing out the door, though.

I know of the place as it’s in the same street at the Royal Carlton which is where I stay, I’ve not eaten there though. You’re right about Bologna, it’s up there with my favourites and the central square is stunning. I took this photo on Monday. Not there next week but will be the week after.

Attachments

• D2903BC3-86E2-438F-840F-73AEA47F34E8.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 631
Apart from the Swans, my other club although not as passionate about them is Djurgården who are a Stockholm team and play in the Swedish top tier (Allsvenskan). The connection is that it’s on the same island in the Swedish capital where my wife lives for part of the year so I’m an occasional supporter - it’s a good craic and inevitable means a traditional Swedish meal and drinks before and after the game, so happy days.

Also look out for the All Whites egg scores as Swansea RFC which was a big part of my life (alongside the Swans) before Regional Rugby killed the game.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back