• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Defending set pieces

• Thread starter Chief
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 23
  • Views: Views 1,534
Agenda ? I don’t think you know what that means in this context. Whoosh.

Our defence is still suffering from the rot, the malaise of Martin.
The fella dismantled everything good about our winning ways, our top 3 defence especially.

The fact that some twp fringe fantasist Martinistas still refuse or fail to see this is comedy gold. Truly.
You do realise that we conceded 7 goals in our last 9 games?
9 in our last 10.

We were improving but have certainly gone backwards after improvements towards the end of last season.

You do realise that we conceded 7 goals in our last 9 games?
9 in our last 10.

We were improving but have certainly gone backwards after improvements towards the end of last season.
that's the same number of goals we conceded in that marvelous 10 game run at the end of last season yes we conceded 9 goals in that 10 game run too....

that's the same number of goals we conceded in that marvelous 10 game run at the end of last season yes we conceded 9 goals in that 10 game run too....
That was the run I was referring to.

Apologies for not making it clear.

Agenda ? I don’t think you know what that means in this context. Whoosh.

Our defence is still suffering from the rot, the malaise of Martin.
The fella dismantled everything good about our winning ways, our top 3 defence especially.

The fact that some twp fringe fantasist Martinistas still refuse or fail to see this is comedy gold. Truly.
Comedy gold! Oh the irony.
I'm no fan of Martin & anyone who looks back over my posts would see that but to blame him for our current defense & tactics when we're 37 games into this season is lunacy.
I'll be at the game on Saturday as usual, if you want a sensible discussion about our current predicament we can discuss it or are you just a keyboard warrior??

I am in agreement that the pairing of Wood and Cabango is a very poor one especially for how we want to play. We are looking for tempo and for the centre halves to have the vision to spot runs or wingers in space on the touch lines and instead Wood and Cabango will spend almost a quarter of our possession passing the ball between themselves.

Individually:

Cabango always looks like he has a hospital pass in him. It didn't escape my notice when a player of theirs was offside in the second half and as Rushworth was coming up to take it Cabango took it and passed it back to Rushworth... only he missed him completely and Rushworth had to backtrack about 10 yards to get the ball. And this was from a defensive set piece with no pressure or opposing player anywhere near him.

Wood has moments where he thinks that he is Platini dribbling past forwards out of defence with effortless grace. Only that's not how it works out 90% of the time and on the few occasions where he does break the press with those runs he gets his pass all wrong and the momentum and possession is lost and he is now hopelessly out of position. He also has an incredibly alarming habit of ball watching and letting his man get goalside of him.

I make that the 8th consecutive goal conceded from a set piece. This is getting silly now.

I make that the 8th consecutive goal conceded from a set piece. This is getting silly now.
Embarrassing. Knock it down back stick and still the next man is first to the ball

Josh Tymon again for the QPR goal, he has been to blame for a few of the set piece goals we have conceded.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back