• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

David Lloyd retires from Sky Cricket ...

Funny at times, but they all have become a bit more important in their own heads than they actually are.

Met him at a cricket dinner many moons ago. Brilliant guy, time for everyone and genuinely funny with it.
Quite the opposite of Boycott the following year.

There won't be another chapter as far as tv presenter, end of the book

I'll be honest. Sometimes when the rain breaks were on and to fill the time David Lloyd when serious spoke a lot of sense.
I'll miss him for that.
I'm not keen when he's with Hussain.

Going way back, my mother drove me down to St Helen's to watch the cricket, my passion at the time. One day, Lancashire (I think) played Glamorgan and at tea David Lloyd was NO at 60 odd. It was a hot day. I ran on (God I was 11 ish), got ignored by Malcolm Nash (I reminded him about Sobers), and stupidly approached Lloyd for an autograph. In a bath of sweat, he removed his SS red gloves and duly signed. Legend in my eyes - I must write to him.

He's been my favourite commentator (on any sport).
Real shame that he's knocking it on the head but it's no surprise really.

Start of Euro 2024

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back