• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

David Crosby RIP

• Thread starter J_B
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 7
  • Views: Views 377

J_B

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64341315

Waking up to this news, been a shit start to the year fair play RIP Big man

https://www.theguardian.com/music/gallery/2023/jan/20/david-crosby-co-founder-of-the-byrds-and-crosby-stills-nash-a-life-in-pictures

Sad to find this out.
At his creative peak ,a self centred ,self-indulgent wrecker but the tribute from Graham Nash is class itself.
Few years ago,there was a film of his life,Remember Me, and it was astonishingly candid an£ in many way really quite painful to watch. He came over as a sad man who deeply regretted his behaviour in his past but one who sought peace in later life. The pain of all NY ,Still, and Nash ostracising him really got to him.

The Byrds sound ,the harmonies of CSNY remain and always will

RIP DC. Another one gone but I guess it's inevitable now that most artists from the 60s & 70s are all sadly going to pass during the next decade. The Byrds' first album is the oldest that I still listen to and due to the rather random way I started to listen to music about 10 years ago, I still continue to hear his harmonies every few days.

karnataka said:
RIP DC. Another one gone but I guess it's inevitable now that most artists from the 60s & 70s are all sadly going to pass during the next decade. The Byrds' first album is the oldest that I still listen to and due to the rather random way I started to listen to music about 10 years ago, I still continue to hear his harmonies every few days.

For any young readers ,The Byrds Greatest Hits is the place to go. Truly the greatest Greatest Hits album of all time .

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back