• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Cold weather in UK

ABSwan

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
With this morning's weather here in Calgary, snowing and temperature's dropping to -23 (-40 with wind factor), I sometimes miss the milder UK weather.

But recent years I've seen UK news more often, in Winter, talking snow and freezing temperatures. I recall talking years when talking snow in South Wales, like remember '76, a lot of snow, etc.

Is it an annual event now to have snowfall?

ABSwan said:
With this morning's weather here in Calgary, snowing and temperature's dropping to -23 (-40 with wind factor), I sometimes miss the milder UK weather.

But recent years I've seen UK news more often, in Winter, talking snow and freezing temperatures. I recall talking years when talking snow in South Wales, like remember '76, a lot of snow, etc.

Bring back 1982.

Attachments

• B76636D3-78CB-43D8-962A-3769A461E462.jpeg
    B76636D3-78CB-43D8-962A-3769A461E462.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 294
  • 255838A0-340E-41E1-9B95-56B4D38D4F37.jpeg
    255838A0-340E-41E1-9B95-56B4D38D4F37.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 294
ABSwan said:

Get a photo of yourself in the snow and message it to me P.

ABSwan said:

I think it's more to do with the media wetting their pants every time there is a spinkling of snow anywhere. Even if it's a dusting on the surface. I think we had an inch (or so) of snow about 3 or 4 (?) years ago...but I can't remember the last time where we had proper, proper snow.

MrSwerve said:
I think it's more to do with the media wetting their pants every time there is a spinkling of snow anywhere. Even if it's a dusting on the surface. I think we had an inch (or so) of snow about 3 or 4 (?) years ago...but I can't remember the last time where we had proper, proper snow.

2010 was the last harsh winter around these parts.

Basically we get two types of weather.
That is cold feckin rain and warm feckin rain. Oh and a bit of sun in the 3rd wednesday of June, between 1 and 2pm. Hope that helps.🥴👍

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back