• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Cabango or Wood

Swansea93

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
I think one of these will definitely be approached by Southampton, who would you rather keep out of the two of them?

Right now I would rather keep Wood. However, I would also like to see them perform in league games under the charge of Duff. Nobody should be written off based on the tactics and set up of last season.

Problem I think is our new high press game leaves them both exposed to the counter attack

Ringwood Jack said:
Problem I think is our new high press game leaves them both exposed to the counter attack

Can't judge based on Martin ball, but we definitely do need a bit more pace amongst the back 2/3

It’s a no brainier, in lots of ways. Woody:

Speak with any of our senior players and they’ll tell you Woody has all the attributes to play EPL and full international.

Even Russy himself said of him early doors: ‘ I knew you were good, but not this good’.

Nothing phases him, no doubt the inner belief and cockiness inherited from his dad. KISS is his mantra.

And it’s that calm, assured belief that saw him waltz through a full 90 in a recent ish call up to the U21s en route to their Euros triumph.

Cabungle not in the same class, nowhere near.

I agree Cabango isn’t anywhere near Wood at this moment in time. Hoping for an improvement for both of them under Duff.

Cabango for me under Duff
Wood had a good finish to the season but was pretty Gash up until then.
Ben I imagine will be asked to do a proper no nonsense defensive role and not impersonate Franz Beckenbauer.

backofthenet said:
It’s a no brainier, in lots of ways. Woody:

Speak with any of our senior players and they’ll tell you Woody has all the attributes to play EPL and full international.

Even Russy himself said of him early doors: ‘ I knew you were good, but not this good’.

Nothing phases him, no doubt the inner belief and cockiness inherited from his dad. KISS is his mantra.

And it’s that calm, assured belief that saw him waltz through a full 90 in a recent ish call up to the U21s en route to their Euros triumph.

Cabungle not in the same class, nowhere near.

Based on this we should be offering a contract extension. Is there anything in the pipeline?

Cooperman said:
Based on this we should be offering a contract extension. Is there anything in the pipeline?

He’s essentially got 2 years left as I’m pretty sure we have a 12 month extension inserted next season.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Cabango was clown like last season

1st time I watched him live in Aug 2019 when he partnered Wilmott against Cambridge.

I lost count of the number of times he slapped his forehead for basic, elementary feck ups. He hasn’t changed nor will he ever.

(However. Credit to Russy for massively boosting his inner belief and confidence to not always lump it long into touch or worse).

I’d far prefer we sell and replace with a proper, seasoned CB to fix our shaky spine.
As I’m sure Duff will too.

Cooperman said:

Good point Coops.

For me it’s a win win right now - Duff to show faith in the same way Woody showed faith after his turbulent time in anti-English Hibs. And he absolutely loves life down here on the Costa. He’s metamorphosed from the quiet shy boy post Scottish bad experience into the full-on Media centre of attention he is nowadays.

Head n shoulders our biggest and brightest young CB prospect.

Sign him up Huw (Soz, Paul)…..

backofthenet said:
Good point Coops.

For me it’s a win win right now - Duff to show faith in the same way Woody showed faith after his turbulent time in anti-English Hibs. And he absolutely loves life down here on the Costa. He’s metamorphosed from the quiet shy boy post Scottish bad experience into the full-on Media centre of attention he is nowadays.

Head n shoulders our biggest and brightest young CB prospect.

Sign him up Huw (Soz, Paul)…..

Bold claim after his Welsh questions appearance on YouTube :lol:

Cabango should be on Swansea beach with a saddle a straw hat and a carrot. An extremely basic footballer.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back