• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Bruce Guthro RIP

• Thread starter K23
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1
  • Views: Views 233

K23

Ivor Allchurch
Reaction score
Maybe not a well know name to many but Bruce Guthro, Canadian lead singer with Runrig, died earlier today from cancer, aged 62. Runrig were far and away my wife's favourite band and I became a big fan too. We saw them live together many times including quite a few times in Scotland and even once in Oberhausen, Germany and we met Bruce and his bandmates several times and he was always a warm, funny and humble man as well as a great singer, songwriter and performer. Today has been a very sad day in our house. 😢

This is a pic of Bruce with my Mrs after a gig in Bristol in 2008.

53169083649_890a14f156_c.jpg

One of the last songs he recorded with Runrig

https://youtu.be/6oi8Wa_LZpw?si=RM7-zJNOF-47vAFC

RIP Bruce.
Best wishes to you and Mrs K.
There is always one song that brings your mind back to the person you knew well, if they were a performer. It is difficult to listen to that song for a while after the person’s passing but with time you get great pleasure listening and thinking about that person.

My “one song” is What a Wonderful World. He used to sing this song wonderfully.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back