• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Brian Nugent RIP

Pegojack

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
I am sad to report the death of my good friend and lifelong jack Brian Nugent in Hereford hospital last night at the age of 85.
I first met Brian in the early noughties when I moved to Hereford and we formed a group of five ex pat jacks who travelled together over the Beacons to all the home games, and many away games too. Brian had been living in the Hereford area for over thirty years, but never stopped loving the Swans.
He was raised in Cowbridge and in his teens flirted with the dark side, attending one or two Cardiff matches. However, his cousin Dennis, a jack who lived in Port Talbot said to him " you don't want to go and watch that shyte, come down the Vetch instead". He followed the advice and attended his first Swans match in 1956. The rest is history.
RIP YJB.

Last edited:
That's very sad news. I met Brian quite a few times before ill health prevented him from travelling to games.

Here's a picture I took in April 2005 when I met up with the fearsome Hereford firm (?) before a game away at Bristol City and here we are on the eve of another visit to Ashton Gate. Brian is on the right and the geezer on the left goes by the name of Pego these days. Just for completion, the guy in the middle is Phil Smith.

RIP Brian.

53576963548_3b88b579e2_k.jpg

That's very sad news. I met Brian quite a few times before ill health prevented him from travelling to games.

Here's a picture I took in April 2005 when I met up with the fearsome Hereford firm (?) before a game away at Bristol City and here we are on the eve of another visit to Ashton Gate. Brian is on the right and the geezer on the left goes by the name of Pego these days. Just for completion, the guy in the middle is Phil Smith.

RIP Brian.

53576963548_3b88b579e2_k.jpg
That's a nice photo, Dave, well done.

I am sad to report the death of my good friend and lifelong jack Brian Nugent in Hereford hospital last night at the age of 85.
I first met Brian in the early noughties when I moved to Hereford and we formed a group of five ex pat jacks who travelled together over the Beacons to all the home games, and many away games too. Brian had been living in the Hereford area for over thirty years, but never stopped loving the Swans.
He was raised in Cowbridge and in his teens flirted with the dark side, attending one or two Cardiff matches. However, his cousin, a jack who lived in Port Talbot said to him " you don't want to go and watch that shyte, come down the Vetch instead". He followed the advice and attended his first Swans match in 1956. The rest is history.
RIP YJB.
Thanks for posting this Mike. As you know, Swansea City (and Town) was his life. I'm glad that we have so many memories to look back on.
I'm with him in this photo as he was receiving the fan of the year award in 80's (I need to check the date), when the Swans were dropping down the divisions. He would be there regardless.
I also took him to visit The Vetch a couple of years ago and that was emotional for him. He only got to a couple of games this season, but he was still going! There is no doubt who his very player was. He just used his first name "Ivor".

Attachments

• IMG-20200822-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20200822-WA0009.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240310_111819.jpg
    20240310_111819.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors