• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Banks

cmajack

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
Was walking through town yesterday morning about 10 o clock and the queues of people waiting to go into a bank was ridiculous. HSBC, Barclays and Nat West . I'm estimating that people would have been waiting at least an hour to 90 mins to actually be seen based on my own experience the other week. Was second in the queue to go in my wifes bank and waited for 30 mins to be seen. I know there's been a pandemic and if you try ringing them you are on the phone for ages without any joy. It just seems that a lot of businesses are trying to get back to the new normal with the exception of the banks.

cmajack said:
Was walking through town yesterday morning about 10 o clock and the queues of people waiting to go into a bank was ridiculous. HSBC, Barclays and Nat West . I'm estimating that people would have been waiting at least an hour to 90 mins to actually be seen based on my own experience the other week. Was second in the queue to go in my wifes bank and waited for 30 mins to be seen. I know there's been a pandemic and if you try ringing them you are on the phone for ages without any joy. It just seems that a lot of businesses are trying to get back to the new normal with the exception of the banks.

Online banking. It's the future.

Of course it is. Try telling that to the thousands who have lost their life savings through being scammed by online fraudsters.

Jackfath said:
cmajack said:

The only way, queuing for a hour and a half? Madness!

Jackfath said:
cmajack said:

Not really an option for the older folks though, is it? Long before Covid I was complaining that my local branches of Barclays, Nat West and Lloyds as well as Nationwide were always very busy and you always had to wait to be seen. The banks assertion that high street branches are not needed any more is twonk

If the others are anything like Natwest then most of the people are queuing because nobody has told them they can just quick drop cheques without having to.

Spent 45 minutes in the queue a couple of weeks ago before I made it to the sign in the window that told me that.

karnataka said:
TheLoneRanger said:
No chance of signing him now ...

He's a permanent member of the Heaven X1

He wasn't in Heaven 17 then?

No. That was Glenn Gregory, Martin Ware and Ian Craig-Marsh. The latter two joined on a free transfer from HuamnLeague after a fall out with prolific front man Mr Oakey

Jackfath said:
cmajack said:

My recent experience of standing in bank queues is that they are generally full of people who either go into the bank for a chat and / or they can’t use OLB.

Can even deposit cheques online these days (or you can in the US anyway); aside from depositing cash, I don't think there's anything I can't do online.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back