• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Atmosphere today

Dillwyn the Dog

First Team Player
Reaction score
To be fair today was an atmosphere that rivalled even the Forest play off semi final. Good work all !

To be fair today was an atmosphere that rivalled even the Forest play off semi final. Good work all !
I thought that and all. I've not seen the stadium go that nuts for an injury time clincher since then.

There was definitely something in the air today, it was something a bit different to derbies in more recent years, it felt like the 2008-11 era when the hatred was ramped up by both clubs doing well. Hostile in a way I haven't seen it in years.

I thought that and all. I've not seen the stadium go that nuts for an injury time clincher since then.

There was definitely something in the air today, it was something a bit different to derbies in more recent years, it felt like the 2008-11 era when the hatred was ramped up by both clubs doing well. Hostile in a way I haven't seen it in years.
I think perhaps the win for them earlier in the season and the cockiness that seems to have returned up the road all fuelled what we saw today.

To be honest it was getting a bit stale so at least them winning one in six has brought a bit or a challenge...!

In the interest of context, this is the original content of the email that I sent to trigger the response.

Hello,

Can you inform me what is being done about the quality of food and drink in and outside of the ground along with the service which incompetent at best.

The fact we now have flags and certain tunes being played before kick off is good, although for the life of me I can't understand why it's taken you this long to reach this conclusion.

As "custodians" of this club, you really need to do better.

I think perhaps the win for them earlier in the season and the cockiness that seems to have returned up the road all fuelled what we saw today.

To be honest it was getting a bit stale so at least them winning one in six has brought a bit or a challenge...!
Gave the game a bit more of an edge for me. It got a bit boring battering them every time we play them 🙏🏼

There was a nastiness about today, I've seen plenty of these derbies but today was pretty mental.
It was great (after not having much to cheer about) to feel that again today. The Wales online and BBC have been building Cardiff up all week so it was nice to see us confound our critics and smash them first half, tantalise them second half and eventually break their black little hearts. Wonderful to watch and fantastic to be a part of.

As we said in the week, the matchday atmosphere is better because

1. Play better
2. Win games
3. Try to do both the above on a frequent basis

Team does that, atmosphere lifts up.

Today was a derby so the pre match music will have done its job

QPR on Easter Monday, need more of 1-3

As we said in the week, the matchday atmosphere is better because

1. Play better
2. Win games
3. Try to do both the above on a frequent basis

Team does that, atmosphere lifts up.

Today was a derby so the pre match music will have done its job

QPR on Easter Monday, need more of 1-3
We've certainly seen plenty of '1' since LW arrived.

Bringing in Ronald and Placheta in January and switching to a 4-2-3-1 has got everyone feeling better about things, it's not been without its bumps at times but at least this looks like what (imo) a Swansea side should look like.

In the 30-odd years I've been following us we've always been better as a "we'll score more than you" side, we're not one of those "hard nut to crack" sides, and we never will be.

As ever the big question will always be, will this lot support him or will they shaft him like they have with pretty much every other manager. Only time will tell.

We've certainly seen plenty of '1' since LW arrived.

Bringing in Ronald and Placheta in January and switching to a 4-2-3-1 has got everyone feeling better about things, it's not been without its bumps at times but at least this looks like what (imo) a Swansea side should look like.

In the 30-odd years I've been following us we've always been better as a "we'll score more than you" side, we're not one of those "hard nut to crack" sides, and we never will be.

As ever the big question will always be, will this lot support him or will they shaft him like they have with pretty much every other manager. Only time will tell.
It makes me feel all moist seeing Ronald and Placheta hugging both touchlines. Reminiscent of our latest rise with the likes of Gower pre-conversion and Anderson, Dyer, Routs. We always seem to do better with width for some reason. We need a decent striker to work off them though - need to unearth another Scotland or Bony from somewhere rather than the likes of Yates.

Central striker should be top of our list in the summer. Piroe can come back if he wants , must be getting pissed off being sub behind Bamford. Neither are prem standard either.

Central striker should be top of our list in the summer. Piroe can come back if he wants , must be getting pissed off being sub behind Bamford. Neither are prem standard either.
Could see a season long loan nest year. Leeds hoping he has a good season to then sell for what they paid

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back