• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Anyone think that Duff…

Itchysphincter

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
…. Is not going to be our next manager?

Latest statement from the club states that the new man will fit in with the clubs footballing ethos.

Well that ain’t Duff if his time at Barnsley is anything to go by.

I’d be less surprised to see him make the short trip to Sheff Weds.

Darren Moore got a job yet?

Itchysphincter said:
…. Is not going to be our next manager?

Latest statement from the club states that the new man will fit in with the clubs footballing ethos.

I’d be less surprised to see him make the short trip to Sheff Weds.

Darren Moore got a job yet?
Isn’t Darren Moore a long ball merchant? I’m sure Duff played more on the ground football with Cheltenham.

ehh, philosophy or ethos is too often boiled down to simply possession vs long ball. i don't read too much into that specific line in the statement. could mean any number of things.

Either way Martin ball or Cooper ball we all fucking moaned one way or another.

Itchysphincter said:

Been watching a lot of the Barnsley highlights on Youtube since he was first linked and not seen much to concern me on that score. Plenty of slick passing in the final third. Even if we're not as obsessed with ball retention as before I think most would happily sacrifice 75% possession for a bit more pace and attacking intent.

Duff is more aligned to our ethos than Martin was.
He likes 4,3,3 a pressing game, is happy to give up possession if needs be.
Contrast that with the muppet Martin, his obsession with possession was our downfall in the end. Witness the stupid goals we conceded from losing possession in our own half.
I’d be more than happy with Duffs appointment.

Dr. Winston said:
Been watching a lot of the Barnsley highlights on Youtube since he was first linked and not seen much to concern me on that score. Plenty of slick passing in the final third. Even if we're not as obsessed with ball retention as before I think most would happily sacrifice 75% possession for a bit more pace and attacking intent.
I did the same thing and was impressed with some of the big score lines they had against the bigger teams in the league.

Dr. Winston said:

Yeah, I wouldn’t complain. I love it when the swans play possession with purpose but I can’t say that ever happened with Martin. Duff doesn’t look like a long ball merchant but does seem to favour a higher press at Barnsley, which would actually suit us a little better considering we have no footballing central defenders, something which evaded Martin as he seemed to insist that those with the least footballing ability saw most of the ball. Odd bloke.

TerryPHELAN said:
Duff is more aligned to our ethos than Martin was.
He likes 4,3,3 a pressing game, is happy to give up possession if needs be.
Contrast that with the muppet Martin, his obsession with possession was our downfall in the end. Witness the stupid goals we conceded from losing possession in our own half.
I’d be more than happy with Duffs appointment.

Duff plays 3 5 2. Has at both Cheltenham and Barnsley.

jruss said:
Duff plays 3 5 2. Has at both Cheltenham and Barnsley.

The only thing I’m a bit worried about with Duff. Never liked 3 at the back and I think Russ taking too long going to a 4 cost us a play off place.

Looks like 3-5-2 with a high emphasis on the press and winning the ball high before attacking quickly.

Risc said:
The only thing I’m a bit worried about with Duff. Never liked 3 at the back and I think Russ taking too long going to a 4 cost us a play off place.

I'm not hugely fond of three at the back either. If it's allied to a higher press, natural wingbacks and a lack of emphasis on slowly passing the ball around in our own final third it may work a bit better. Martin's "process" allied to fewer bodies at the back left us wide open far too often.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back