• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Anyone else feeling posistive....

Itchysphincter

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
.... about Soton, or anyone for that matter, releiving us of the servicess of Russel Martin?

I can't wait tbh, even if it is a sh!t sandwich around the corner.

I'm fully behind the owners on this one, wouldn't have trusted him with a penny of the club's money in January and can't understand the love in from the apprentice Stone Island hoolies for this guy who's taken two years to scrape a playoff final team and squad in to the top half of a poor league with arrogant, walking pace football.

The decision was made a long time ago not to persevere with him, good riddance.

I'm sure he's a lovely bloke btw, before anyone starts crying.

Not necessarily, but that could change depending on who we bring in to take the reins. I also completely disagree about not trusting him with money, they did with Downes and Wood, one made serious profit, and I think the other will aswell in time. O'Reilly and Ogbene deals were held back and both of these we'll look back on with regret aswell.

By carrying on repeating the "the decision was made a long time ago" does nothing either haha.

Silverstein: "we have been negotiating a longer deal with him for a long time", whether they would have ever signed off on a contract who knows, the relationship was obviously broken, but he wasn't being sacked.

He may well do well with Soton.
I didn't expect Cooper to take Forest up and keep them up.
I was glad to see the back of Cooper and the Same with Martin as the football was generally not very watchable with the odd splattering of good stuff.

Ask again when he's actually gone.

I still can't believe Soton will go through with employing Mid Table Martin. They'll surely come to their senses before signing the cheque.

monmouth said:

I still can't believe Soton will go through with employing Mid Table Martin. They'll surely come to their senses before signing the cheque.

Being serious I was looking at the last few Championship tables earlier and noticed we’d only won 34 out of 92 games in two seasons.

Not sad Russ has left. The guy has wanted out for weeks and generally over two years has pissed on a number of people so he looks great and everyone else looks shit.

The positivity will come when we know who the new manager is I guess. Hopefully the Martin disciples will give him a chance rather than pine for someone who didn't want to be here.

Darran said:
Being serious I was looking at the last few Championship tables earlier and noticed we’d only won 34 out of 92 games in two seasons.

Plus a lot of the games have left the crowd catatonic. He' been so bang average and yet he is adored, and the darling of the press. It is bizarre.

Darran said:

What should our target me next season for example do you think Dar?

I know there's rumours we are going to be getting a bigger budget and all that jazz, but I'll believe it when I see it. We'll lose Manning who has our most goal involvements (I think?), and replace with Dasilva most likely who couldn't get in Brizzle's team for most of the season. Piroe and Grimes will follow I reckon, god knows who'll replace them. Mid table is a fair reflection of where we are as a club and a success when it comes at a time we are making cuts.

Well over the Russ saga, and am now expecting a right royal shit show if Nathan rocks up. W T actual F are we thinking?

JonMainy said:
Not sad Russ has left. The guy has wanted out for weeks and generally over two years has pissed on a number of people so he looks great and everyone else looks s**t.

The positivity will come when we know who the new manager is I guess. Hopefully the Martin disciples will give him a chance rather than pine for someone who didn't want to be here.

I always reckon you are pretty much on the money Risc, but I’m bemused by your stance on this guy. You really think this team, in this division, this year was mid-table? With better selection and tactics and use of the personnel available, I reckon we could have been in with a really good shout. Millwall, Coventry, Luton, Boro, Sunderland (who we beat twice)…were they really better in personnel, or did they have better managers? And last season…Ok, the three that went up, but Huddersfield? Really?

Edit meant to quote Risc

Risc said:
What should our target me next season for example do you think Dar?

I know there's rumours we are going to be getting a bigger budget and all that jazz, but I'll believe it when I see it. We'll lose Manning who has our most goal involvements (I think?), and replace with Dasilva most likely who couldn't get in Brizzle's team for most of the season. Piroe and Grimes will follow I reckon, god knows who'll replace them. Mid table is a fair reflection of where we are as a club and a success when it comes at a time we are making cuts.

If it’s a new manager to steady the ship and aim for as high as possible,trying for the play-offs but mid table would be perfectly fine for me.
One of the things that grips my shit is the fact too many people will expect us to be promoted by February.
You see people all the time we need to get back where we belong when we’ve spent most of our existence in the lower leagues.

Darran said:
If it’s a new manager to steady the ship and aim for as high as possible,trying for the play-offs but mid table would be perfectly fine for me.
One the things that grips my shit is the fact too many people will expect us to be promoted by February.
You see people all the time we need to get back where we belong when we’ve spent most of our existence in the lower leagues.

I’d expect next season with the teams coming down and up, and teams like Sunderland, Boro and Stoke getting stronger, to be a lot tougher. Being ‘since 71’ I don’t think we belong anywhere, as we’ve been everywhere, twice, and if we scraped up we’d soon be back down. I hated the last few years in the PL anyway. I’d just hope we used the money to be more financially secure. Maybe if we’d done that last time, and retained our trust and not fallen prey to greed, we could be more optimistic about our sustainability. The wheel always turns and at the moment it could go either way. Every season, whatever league, I’m always pleased to be free from relegation, but it irritates me when I think we could do better and are shooting ourselves in the foot.

monmouth said:

I’ve got my doubts. Red faces all around if he ends up staying. :lol:

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back