• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Alan Curtis quotes

jackjackjackjack

First Team Player
Reaction score
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57923015

Swansea legend Alan Curtis wants "the best available" manager to take over.

He told BBC Radio Wales: "You talk of [Frank] Lampard and [Eddie} Howe and I just can't see those people coming to the club.

"I think we're going to have to go with another young manager. I think he's got to have the ability to work with younger players.

"Certainly there's a style of play which we'd like to think that we play. I don't say we lost that under Steve absolutely, but we just need somebody who knows the [financial] restrictions really.

"We haven't got a potful of money so he's going to have to work with what we've got, develop young players and then I'm sure he'll be given every opportunity to be a success."

Curtis believes the majority of Swansea fans will accept that reaching the Premier League is not the main priority at this stage.

"It may be a little while before we can achieve that ambition, but the main thing is we get back playing and get a philosophy back to the club and I think most supporters will settle for that,"
he said.

I'd be happy with mid-table playing decent football, but I guess a few will complain of lack of ambition.

jackjackjackjack said:

Swansea legend Alan Curtis wants "the best available" manager to take over.

He told BBC Radio Wales: "You talk of [Frank] Lampard and [Eddie} Howe and I just can't see those people coming to the club.

"I think we're going to have to go with another young manager. I think he's got to have the ability to work with younger players.

"Certainly there's a style of play which we'd like to think that we play. I don't say we lost that under Steve absolutely, but we just need somebody who knows the [financial] restrictions really.

"We haven't got a potful of money so he's going to have to work with what we've got, develop young players and then I'm sure he'll be given every opportunity to be a success."

Curtis believes the majority of Swansea fans will accept that reaching the Premier League is not the main priority at this stage.

"It may be a little while before we can achieve that ambition, but the main thing is we get back playing and get a philosophy back to the club and I think most supporters will settle for that,"
he said.

I'd be happy with mid-table playing decent football, but I guess a few will complain of lack of ambition.

There’ll be more than a few complaining if we are sitting mid-table.

“…main thing is we get back playing and get a philosophy back to the club and I think most supporters will settle for that," he said.

Damning.

Couldn’t care less to be honest if we stay in the Championship but we need to build with a good manager who sees us as a long term project. I have a dream.

Don't agree with him to be honest, we shouldn't be selling our club short when it comes to looking for a manager. There should be plenty of decent managers wanting to manage us even with our financial restrictions. We were only 1 game away from achieving our goal last season(albeit a woeful effort) and were Brentford under Frank and Barnsley under Ismael any more of a decent prospect when they took over.

Darran said:
jackjackjackjack said:

Yet, when we were mid table under Potter we did well at home and people were leaving the stadium happy that we were playing entertaining football.
Plenty commented they'd rather enjoy games in the Championship than another scrape against relegation.
I suppose it depends on why fans support the Swans. Its our club no matter what, entertainment or league position.

monmouth said:
“…main thing is we get back playing and get a philosophy back to the club and I think most supporters will settle for that," he said.

Damning.

That's about as close as Curt ever comes to issuing a public slagging.

Darran said:
jackjackjackjack said:

If we stick to Cooper’s style and finish mid table then maybe, but if we appear to be making progress and building towards something then maybe not.

Itchysphincter said:
Darran said:

If we stick to Cooper’s style and finish mid table then maybe, but if we appear to be making progress and building towards something then maybe not.

Completely agree… Cooper’s style of play would only take us so far in the long run anyway. Would have been massively found out if we had miraculously made it to the Premier League.

Cooper failed anyway… making the play offs doesn’t win you anything.

getting to the play off final and then deciding to tell the players not to take one single shot on goal...... yeh he had to go

My take on it is we are now stuck in a spiral,bring in new young hungry manager to work with youth and what we have got,outcome is do well manager goes to bigger and better things or believes he should be backed financially to improve further if he is a success.If he doesn't get financial backing he goes anyway due to lack of progression from the club and meanwhile we sell off the prized assets he has coached to that level.When will be in a position to either financially back the manager or retain our prized assets because there is no big money coming into Swansea from external sources ever

Yes, it is pretty damning from Curt. We need to be patient for this season and likely next, as we will probably lose more games initially, as we (hopefully) revert to a more controlled and braver style of play.

Let's all demonstrate this patience by being vocally supportive when we are allowed back in.

Jinxy said:
Yes, it is pretty damning from Curt. We need to be patient for this season and likely next, as we will probably lose more games initially, as we (hopefully) revert to a more controlled and braver style of play.

Let's all demonstrate this patience by being vocally supportive when we are allowed back in.

Makes sense and who knows, we could be successful or it could be a question of building gradually as we did prior to when we last go promoted.
It would be nice to have a team that is good to watch, but lots of the hypocrites on here and at the game will soon turn on team and manager if we fail to be successful

Vetchonian said:
Darran said:

very true....plus the Yanks wont be best pleased!

They are living in a dream world then.

Ayew definitely gone and Grimes also on way. We will sign players on frees and loans to replace. We had three years of parachute money which were our best chances of promotion, it allowed us to pay the the likes of Ayew £80k per week while he got us out of trouble countless times last year.

This is now a huge rebuild for the manager with very little resources, if it’s Eustace, and he can get us mid table and playing decent, entertaining football, I for one won’t be complaining.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back