• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

24-25 Season

WentToSchoolWith

Reserve Team Player
Reaction score
Now that the dust has settled on the SW Derby (still watching Lowe's goal multiple times a day mind), I wonder what the make up of our squad will be next season?

I'd like us to keep Placheta for another season, he's offered a lot for us in his short stay so far, and although he's pretty limited, he's more than worthwhile to have as cover on the wing with Ginnelly.

Lowe sign permanently?
Allen again?
Naughton again?
Rushworth return?

I say the following whilst noting that the first ball of the season won't be kicked for another 5 months, but, I'm expecting next seasons targets to be...

- Upper Mid Table/Play Off challenge?
- Consistently attacking football (if not necessarily consistent results)
- Nail some key positions long term

Tough to say this early, but wonder what others think

Last edited:
Rushworth a must to resign.
Give Naughton a one year along with Allen, Cullen, Wood, Pato and Ogbeta.
Send back Ashby, Sagoe, Patino, Humphreys after loans
Sign Lowe on 2 year deal
Try in vain to shift Yates, Pedersen, Tjoe-A-On, Kuharevych

Rushworth/Fisher
Key/Naughton
Tymon/Ogbeta
Wood/NEW
Darling/Cabango
Grimes/Fulton
NEW/Allen
NEW/Paterson/Cooper
Ronald/Ginnelly
NEW/Placheta
NEW/Cullen/Lowe

Six new signings with all the above for me. Dream world I guess

Last edited:
For me it's an experienced CB who is comfortable playing out from the back with a bit of pace. Central midfielder to pick up the mantle of JA.. a striker to take advantage of the new fast wing play. Not sure Mylo, Cullen or Yates is the answer. So a new and improved spine plus another keeper as back up.

Rushworth a must to resign.
Give Naughton a one year along with Allen, Cullen, Wood, Pato and Ogbeta.
Send back Ashby, Sagoe, Patino, Humphreys after loans
Sign Lowe on 2 year deal
Try in vain to shift Yates, Pedersen, Tjoe-A-On, Kuharevych

Rushworth/Fisher
Key/Naughton
Tymon/Ogbeta
Wood/NEW
Darling/Cabango
Grimes/Fulton
NEW/Allen
NEW/Paterson/Cooper
Ronald/NEW
NEW/Placheta
NEW/Cullen

Six new signings with all the above for me. Dream world I guess
I think I agree with this in large.

I definitely wouldn't be looking to get rid of Tjoe-a-on and Kukha straight away, they're both young and supposedly signed for the future, so may as well give them another season to develop. We're not going to get anything close to their signing cost if we sell them now anyway, so would rather we didn't get rid and end up with another Whittaker/Gyokeres on our hands.

Agree on Yates and Pedersen

Hopefully if Ogbeta stays, we'd have made him some sort of assurance in terms of gametime. Tymon has been great, but he's our only left back short of the academy, so makes sense for Ogbeta to come in as a cover/rotational player.

Now that the dust has settled on the SW Derby (still watching Lowe's goal multiple times a day mind), I wonder what the make up of our squad will be next season?

I'd like us to keep Placheta for another season, he's offered a lot for us in his short stay so far, and although he's pretty limited, he's more than worthwhile to have as cover on the wing with Ginnelly.

That's a name i've not heard in a while, is this geezer back in training now or what?

Putting the euphoria of Saturday aside, it shouldn't change the fact that you can't trust most of these players over 46 games and a clear out is still required.

I'd not be falling over myself to give any of the out of contract players a new deal, maybe Cullen, Allen at a stretch (but it must be on reduced terms - possibly pay as you play).

Fulton must be transfer listed to make sure the Grimes - Fulton axis can never occur again.

We need at least two nasty bastards at CB, true leaders.

We should flog Yates to whoever's willing to take him and replace him with someone who can actually offer anything at all up front, we could probably bring in Jimmy Krankie and he'd be an upgrade (I jest, but you get what I mean). We also need to flog then replace Big Myk, clearly not up to it, three coaches have all agreed on that.

Need a CM with drive and energy to complement Grimes.

Still think we can upgrade at LB and on one of the flanks as well.

Tons of work to do. Williams has his work cut out.

Rushworth is a must.
Allen, Pato and Lowe I would look at offering something, 1yr to Allen and Pato, 2yr Lowe.

Naughton is time for goodbye, we have Key, Abdullai and Parker capable of playing at RB.
Placheta is worth a contract offer but on our terms of a take it or leave it.

We need a CB, CM along with attacking creativity from midfield and a centre forward.

We need to shift Yates and Pedersen for sure.

We had a bit of quality to replace last summer but realistically this summer we need to shift out a lot of deadwood and thankfully a number are out of contract.

Lowe sign permanently?
Allen again?
Naughton again?
Rushworth return?

I say the following whilst noting that the first ball of the season won't be kicked for another 5 months, but, I'm expecting next seasons targets to be...

- Upper Mid Table/Play Off challenge?
- Consistently attacking football (if not necessarily consistent results)
- Nail some key positions long term

Tough to say this early, but wonder what others think
As far as the attacking places are concerned right now we have Ginnelly and Parker to return from injury as well as Ronald. Ginnelly can play both in attacking midfield and on the left wing, we saw in his goal in the cup early in the season that he has an absolute cannonball of a shot on him and in the game where he picked up his injury he was giving his opposing fullback nightmares the whole game and they were trying to kick him off the pitch long before he went off injured.

Wood looks a much calmer player with Darling next to him and with his recent call up to the England U21s those who wanted to see us cash in on him might well see that happen though I hope we don't. I see flashes of the player he could be and having someone who isn't as error prone as Cabango next to him can only help his growth.

Naughton for me has shown that he is still a reliable full back when he isn't being asked to bomb up and down the flanks like a wing back and is worth offering a new 1 year extension to especially as I would expect him mostly to be operating as cover for Key when he is fully fit again.

Rushworth returning is either confirmed or all but confirmed depending on the news source and means that our goalkeeping position is covered. For me in the summer besides shipping out deadwood in the form of Cabango, Walsh, Yates and Pedersen and the out of contract departure of Ogbeta I would envision our priority summer work to be on two areas:

1. A long term successor to Joe Allen - Fulton has shown me that he is NOT that successor. He might be able to cover a position when the legs go but he doesn't maintain tempo, read the game, show for possession when the defenders are under the cosh or bring his team mates into play in the way that Joey does. I have heard great things about Abdulai but I have never seen him in what jasper_T says is his natural preferred position.

2. An experienced striker that fits the profile of what LW wants for his side. Presumably someone who is of a similar vein to Bony in his prime or Jason Scotland that can hold the ball, bring others into play and is a lethal finisher in and around the box. If we can find that ideal profile then Cullen and Kukharevych can be moulded to fit that profile by learning from him training with him week in week out.

Combine that with a new 2+1 year deal for Cullen, a 2+1 year deal for Lowe, a 1 year deal for Naughton, a 1 year deal for Allen and a 1+1 year deal for Paterson and I think we would actually be in really good shape for 24/25 season.

We absolutely need a new centre forward and central midfielder and cente-half. A new, stronger spine to the team as someone else mentioned.

Probably need a new pacey wide-player as well to compete with Ronald and Placheta (assuming he stays here). I'd hold off on penciling Ginelly in right now as he's coming back from a serious injury and will have missed a whole year give or take. Hope it all works out, but there's a question mark to some degree over him.

Not sure we should sign Lowe - I'd rather those wages go to a new centre-forward with a different profile, someone with a more physical presence up there. I'd keep Cullen. Not seen enough of Kuharevych to judge if we should keep him.

Just starting next season with the same manager, backroom staff and 'recruitment team' that we finished the current one with would be nice.

Who was the Scottish centre midfielder we nearly signed on transfer deadline day that the club indicated they would try and get done in Summer?

Who was the Scottish centre midfielder we nearly signed on transfer deadline day that the club indicated they would try and get done in Summer?
Connor Barron.
Scored a screamer the other week.
Few articles saying Rangers still keen on him.

Rushworth for another year is a win-win.
Long term replacement for Joe.
Striker.
Nathan Wood 3 year deal. England U21 international with 2 seasons in the championship under his belt playing a difficult style of football (for a centre half), exactly the type of player we want here and will go onto bigger and better things.
The removal of ticket machines to get a pint.

For me it's an experienced CB who is comfortable playing out from the back with a bit of pace. Central midfielder to pick up the mantle of JA.. a striker to take advantage of the new fast wing play. Not sure Mylo, Cullen or Yates is the answer. So a new and improved spine plus another keeper as back up.
Scott McKenna would be a good signing for an experienced CB from Forest, who I believe is out on loan somewhere, and Gavin Levey brought him through at Aberdeen when he was younger.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back