• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

20mph Limits

jack123

Michu
Reaction score
Wow, I saw this yesterday regarding the 20mph, and it's a lot worse than I thought, this link I'm about to put in, if you scroll to the bottom Peter Black, puts a good few more maps that covers most of Swansea.

Now on initial inspection, it looks like, looking at the colour coding you have what the Welsh Assembly proposals are, and then in a different colour what Swansea Councils proposals are, with regards to keeping some roads at 30mph..

Spoiler Alert: There is not a lot.

What an absolute load of toffee, I'm getting dukes of hazard horns, and I'll be overtaking the 20mph merchants.

The link for your perusal. https://www.facebook.com/groups/141803462890431/permalink/1436688370068594/

jack123 said:
Wow, I saw this yesterday regarding the 20mph, and it's a lot worse than I thought, this link I'm about to put in, if you scroll to the bottom Peter Black, puts a good few more maps that covers most of Swansea.

Now on initial inspection, it looks like, looking at the colour coding you have what the Welsh Assembly proposals are, and then in a different colour what Swansea Councils proposals are, with regards to keeping some roads at 30mph..

Spoiler Alert: There is not a lot.

What an absolute load of toffee, I'm getting dukes of hazard horns, and I'll be overtaking the 20mph merchants.

The link for your perusal. https://www.facebook.com/groups/141803462890431/permalink/1436688370068594/

You don’t drive do you?
F*cking hell. 😳

Darran said:
You don’t drive do you?
F*cking hell. 😳

Yes, and a lot better than you.

All jokes aside, I'm more concerned you don't see a problem, it will most probably be the same, where you live.

monmouth said:
What’s the problem?

It's ridiculous?

Mynydd Newydd road 20mph, stuff that.. If anyone considers driving at 20 or below on that stretch of road, if you see a car overtaking you, and a dukes of hazard horn sounding, and someone shouting 'YEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAA' that will be me.

I see.

The last time I was on that road it was unrestricted as it wasn’t residential, so about 25 years ago? My mate got done there by a speed gun in the lay-by I think. Take care Daisy.

jack123 said:
It's ridiculous?

Mynydd Newydd road 20mph, stuff that.. If anyone considers driving at 20 or below on that stretch of road, if you see a car overtaking you, and a dukes of hazard horn sounding, and someone shouting 'YEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAA' that will be me.
Will you be shouting YEEEEEEE HAAAAAA
before or after you mow down a pedestrian, asking for a friend like.🤔

Jack2jack said:
Will you be shouting YEEEEEEE HAAAAAA
before or after you mow down a pedestrian, asking for a friend like.🤔

Well, if I did shout Yeee Haaa, the pedestrian would more than likely hear me, hey I'm not talking doing crazy speeding here, just overtaking someone who will likely be going between 10-15 miles per hour.

This seems like an all out war against car drivers? I'm slightly puzzled why nobody else has any concerns about this..

It just seems one big scam to me, you only have to look at where they position the mobile speed cameras, from what I have seen they put them in positions where there is hardly any pedestrian activity. Take Broadway for example, I don't think I have seen any pedestrians there ever, yet they place a mobile speed camera there quite often, why? because they know the car driver will more likely speed up, because it is safe to do so.

Same as llewitha speed cameras there all the time, when you think of the placement of these mobile cameras unless i am going nuts, they are always in the least pedestrian used place.

So surely, it would take a very quick think about this, and then come to the conclusion that this is not about safety..

Think about the placement of cameras , think about the footfall of pedestrians. And people still think they are concerned for our safety?

Hit someone at 30mph there’s a far higher chance you kill them than there is if you hit someone at 20mph.

exiledclaseboy said:
Hit someone at 30mph there’s a far higher chance you kill them than there is if you hit someone at 20mph.

Absolutely, only someone of limited intelligence would fail to understand this surely?

Swanjaxs said:
Absolutely, only someone of limited intelligence would fail to understand this surely?

So basically you are calling me dull, for questioning this?

Swanjaxs said:

You are Mark Drakefords lovechild, and i claim my 5 pounds.

exiledclaseboy said:

Apparently every 1 mph over 20 also increases the risk disproportionately. That’s why they do you if you are doing anything over 20. If you’re caught doing 30, big fine and 6 points? 35 you’re probably on the edge of a ban. I don’t think flashing their legs will save Daisy Duke.

exiledclaseboy said:

And 20mph is far higher than 10mph, where are you gonna draw the line?

I haven't seen the areas affected but if Mynydd Newydd Road is 20mph as claimed above then thats ridiculous

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back