• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

£259m!

Reaction score
Saudi Arabian club Al Hilal have apparently made a £259m bid for Mbappe. Insane.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66291108

It seems like monopoly money out there.
How could you turn that down?
Starting to remind me of Kerry Packer in the 70s.

JackSomething said:
Saudi Arabian club Al Hilal have apparently made a £259m bid for Mbappe. Insane.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66291108

Cracking value that when you consider Man U spent about £90 mill on Harry Maguire!

Very young to retire from competitive club football.

The bubble has burst in the EPL now I feel

Just wondering how long before we see kids wearing Al-Hilal shirts

Correct me if I'm wrong but at the moment there's no broadcaster for the Saudi League, in the UK?

Be some mad scrambling going on behind the scenes.

I've seen reporting that they'd be paying that transfer fee and huge wages while signing Mbappe to just a 1-year contract, so he can still move to Real Madrid next summer as planned.

That would make an already insane situation even more batshit crazy.

J_B said:
Very young to retire from competitive club football.

Don't be shocked to find that their league will be the number one league in the world in a few years time.

They've already got all the biggest boxing cards, pretty much got golf now, this year has seen the biggest exodus of players with plenty left in the tank heading out there. It is the start.

Properly going to upset loads this.

Neath_Jack said:
Don't be shocked to find that their league will be the number one league in the world in a few years time.

They've already got all the biggest boxing cards, pretty much got golf now, this year has seen the biggest exodus of players with plenty left in the tank heading out there. It is the start.

This is my view too. They are not doing this as a lark, it's a serious play with longer term strategic goals.

Whether they can pull it off is another thing, but I can see them going all in.

I can see a new competition brewing between continents that's more lucrative than that stupid club world cup competition

monmouth said:
This is my view too. They are not doing this as a lark, it's a serious play with longer term strategic goals.

Whether they can pull it off is another thing, but I can see them going all in.

If there's one thing football clubs, players and agents love more than winning, it's filthy lucre.

And they have that in absolute spades out there. Just needed a few players to make the move, which looks like is happening now.

Fully expect the trickle of players to quickly turn to a raging torrent.

Neath_Jack said:

Almost everyone that has signed out there up to now was a player their previous club was happy to sell. No club in Europe considered Ronaldo worth paying big money given his decline and the other player of his stature (who does still have something left in the tank) chose to go to the States instead.

Ruben Neves and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic were probably the only two players in the prime of their careers who would have had plenty of big clubs in Europe interested, yet have gone to the Saudi Pro League instead.

It's all well and good having all the money, but doesn't really do much to grow your league internationally if you're only picking up players coming to the end of their careers who want a final payday. Signing Mbappe (even on a 1-year rental effectively) would be an absolute game-changer. Signing probably the best player in the world right now, entering the prime of his career? Wow.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back